not many 2020 game reviews when i search the internet, but i found lots of other news.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Hendoman, Jan 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

I mean, there are a few, but not as many as 2018. When you DO search for SOTA info, it's a bit of good, a ton of bad, and a lot of speculation.

The most interesting things were that my post will be deleted if i mention legal issues (there seems to be some interesting SEC stuff regarding selling company assets as a loophole to get out of promises) I'm not linking them, cuz they are probably wrong info and haters.

There's a site where people predict the death date of sota, and they've all been wrong so far.

There's a site that shows all the traffic, kills, pvp, etc. up to date - it's interesting, and shows a definite decline in players over time.

Someone's site outs RG as a human ash smuggler. is that libel or truth? idk...

one site had some video of RG talking. so the poster interprets this talk as, well, using sota as a cash grab to pay off creditors from past failed projects, with markers of the video to point to specific supporting highlights.

this was just page one google search. so, if you have a site, post some good news for 2021 please? I still would like the game to succeed, even tho i dont play anymore. i did pay for ep2 :)

THE HENDOMAN

2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Haha looking back the last 3 years I have had a good laugh at many fools thinking the game would have sank yet here we are today still getting content added and new stuff all the time. one even said he would eat a hat... but I doubt he will... would love to see that. I still Love SOTA, and still play when I can and will keep playing for many many years :)

Wilfred and Chiasma like this.
  3. oplek

oplek Avatar

About that... the game did sink. It's half-flooded, grounded on a beach on a deserted island, with most of the crew gone, except a few stragglers. It's not going anywhere.

It's been a massive failure - a joke to the MMO community at large. Most of the leadership has departed, no longer involved, leaving a skeleton crew who are still trying to nail planks to the gaping holes in the side. You don't lose 85% of your crew when things are going well. They don't appear to even want to try anything significant in terms of development. The closest thing we've gotten lately was off-the-shelf mount system and models, which the world at large didn't seem to care about.

That's why an increasing number of people are calling for a fundamental change in direction, or even core mentality... because the direction is downward.

arcdevil and Grumpy Krabnevir like this.
  4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I don't see it the same way as you. I look at the player market data for insight as to the health. If anything we are seeing increases slowly since Catnip took over, as well many things that were issues getting fixed...Catnip didnt loose 85% of its crew its gained crew members since they took the boat over after boarding. If you watch streams dating back the last year you will see many things slowly coming together. The current issues as I see it is the wishlist and road map vs size of the crew is going to be a challenge. I do think the game will get to its destination in time.... UO was not built in a day its going on 34 years of development and still expanding... SOTA has 5 chapters based on the original Kickstart... Ep2 is just starting to roll out stuff so we have many many years to come.

What do you mean they don't appear to even want to try? They have a lot of stuff they have shown off in the work for ep2 with teasers of new development, but ep2 is in pre-release ie alpha stages of design. ep1 is still has work being done on it as well as many fixes and replacement of core systems so they can better expand. Just looking at the back end tools that they have shown in dev streams has come a long way enough that we are just starting to see things come in much faster because the time was taken to implement better dev tools for content creation.

If you look at the wish lists of what people are asking for, its being worked on. It may just not be at the pace some want but its still moving forward and that pumps are still removing all that water from a buggy release. everything in time is what I say.

I can tell you from many people that left who came back there are many who did express that they wish they came back sooner :)

Wilfred and Lord Aventine like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.