Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Not overly useful feedback but I just have to give some input

Discussion in 'Release 18 Feedback' started by Rhiannon, Jun 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I have jumped in briefly each release with the exception of one a year ago when I moved across country. And of course I can see the major improvements each time. But it wasn't until this release that I took a bit more time and really LOOKED at SOTA.

I don't know why you are still calling this "pre-alpha". Seriously. I have bought and paid for "finished" games that didn't look this good or play this well. And this is coming from someone who is more interested in the parts of the game that aren't even there yet: mega crafting and GARDENING.

I wasn't able to contribute as much money for the development of this game as I had hoped to but I feel like I've already gotten more than my money's worth. I can't WAIT for the Betas and final release. Give us plenty of notice so we can all take time off work, or in my case, put a message on my home office phone that I'm on vacation. *laughs*

Well done, SOTA team, well done.

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Aye, Rhiannon, those of us who enjoy crafting and GARDENING are eagerly waiting for the day when they are both completely implemented....;)

Rhiannon likes this.
  3. laughinghorse

laughinghorse Avatar

YES to the crafting!! i am really looking forward to exploring this element of what SotA could accomplish. ive only been involved with the game a short time, at this point, and i really dig what i see. this aspect will surely make or break it for me. (this coming from a gamer who still plays UO, SWG and EQ on the non-profit servers from time to time) LONG LIVE THE CLASSICS and may this emerge as one of them!

Rhiannon likes this.
  4. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I couldn't convince some friends to buy this game during the steam sale because it had a pre-alpha label still on it, and one of them was convinced combat had only just been introduced.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
    Rhiannon likes this.
  5. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

It's understandable why some people are reluctant to get into a game this early in development. I myself can only spend 2-4 hours a week playing ANYTHING. Therefore, I have been reluctant to go all out and spend that limited time in SOTA, building a home, acquiring wealth, etc. And online games take a lot of investment of time and in present moment, since we are in pre-alpha, that investment will be wiped at some point. But having the ability to participate in the game at such an early point of development allows the community to shape the game as we all have learned. So I try to make sure and comment when I see something I do or don't like. And when I have told others about the game, that's what I share with them.

6. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

My crew play games near-constantly, outside of sleep, work, bathing and eating.

Rhiannon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.