Not sure why they do it...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Keyman, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keyman

Keyman Avatar

I'm not sure of the purpose exactly, but I see that the targeting system will sometimes bypass what you're aiming at. For example, there will be a Wisp off in the distance behind me, and in nearby in front of me is a stag. I target the stag by dble clicking, fire off a Fire Arrow, at which time my toon will spin around and fire at the Wisp. At first I thought that was strange, but after much experimentation in Deep Ravenwood, there is no doubt that this is happening. Why would they do that... I guess it gives the devs a cheap thrill, I dunno. Anyone else experience similar "mis fires"?

Tamsen and Baratan like this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Yes, but not as often now. Firing by double click is incredibly strange. It seems to Target the nearest hostile creature, rather than the creature you think you are targeting.

Instead, Ctrl+click to hard Target the creature first. You will notice a red recticle next to the targets name at the top of the screen. Then turn on autoattack or charge your attack. It will correctly target what you want, even if it is neutral (like stags).

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

For ranged, if any aggressive NPC targets you then you will shoot the nearest NPC, whether that NPC is aggressive or not.

So, I'm running through Tenebris Harbor, some brigand or whatnot targets me and, without any input whatsoever from me, I'm suddenly killing children. Not cool.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  4. Keyman

Keyman Avatar

Thanks for the reply, the problem is, the Wisps are NOT hostile (until you shoot them, even by accident) LOL.

5. Keyman

Keyman Avatar

I heard that... not sure why the Devs want the targeting system to do this, but it seems to me that if I identify a target, and I'm FACING the target, THAT IS MY TARGET... LOL... so I guess they get a little chuckle out of it, it's the only reason I can think of doing it that way.

Tamsen and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.