Now that Fishing is (Sort of) Out of the Way...

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Magnus Zarwaddim, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

...can we PLEASE get Treasure Hunting @Lord British, @DarkStarr and @Chris?

I understand that technicalities / development cycle / funding / other items might make this a difficult proposition. However, it can add a nuanced and fun mechanic to the game, just like fishing!

Please note: I don't fish. Nothing against it. And even though I thought in the back of my mind that time / energy could have been spent on other aspects of the game, I understood and respected that something that has long been requested has made it into the game for people to enjoy.

And I firmly believe that if done right, if done with care and vision, Treasure Hunting as an activity and / or skill could add a real fun element to the game.

What could I find? How much of it will I find? Some humble suggestions:

Low levels: junk, coin, cotton, wood, etc.

Low levels + 10: more junk, more coin, more cotton, more wood, etc.

Mid levels: same as before, but maybe a chance at some armor (crafted armor put into the game through NPC vendor sales by players), mid-range materials, etc.

Mid levels + 10: more of the mid-level stuff!

Higher levels: quests, more coin, COTO, deep lore (something as simple as a rare book - consider using player-made books), rare deco items, etc.

Higher levels +10: more quests, more more coin, more COTO, more deep lore, more rare deco items.

Extreme levels: A chance at all of the above or Rare items, etc.

Extreme levels +10: Whatever you want! With a chance for a super rare with an extremely low chance of obtaining (it's at "Extreme levels +10"!).

I have seen a few suggestions over the last year for something akin to Treasure Hunting, so I know there is a desire to see this in game. I'm not suggesting that we forego something in order to make this happen, it's just wishful thinking. Tell me what you think!

Dirk Hammerstrike likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They already said that this is coming sometime in 2019.

3. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Cool!

Barugon likes this.
  4. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Check the last livestream out.

It's fun

Magnus Zarwaddim and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.