Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Now that lot selection has finished...

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Apr 30, 2016.

?

How did lot selection go for you?

1. I got the lot that I wanted

23 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. I didn't get what I wanted but I got good spot.

23 vote(s)
    27.4%
  3. I got a crappy spot

13 vote(s)
    15.5%
  4. I haven't even looked yet

16 vote(s)
    19.0%
  5. Lot selection?

9 vote(s)
    10.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yes but where and why do you feel that as a Prime location, yes I am curious as it is pertinent to my argument for what will happen in the future.

Since if enough players pick lot of a lower tier that they exceede the % buffer then somone will NOT be able to pick in their level.

I.E. there are 1oo Town Lot Owners and 200 Village Lot owner - now te game makes 20 more lots for village lots but 25 Town Lot Owners take Village Lots and then the 200 Village lots come in the game and only 195 can take lots therefore 5 owners of village lots are not even allowed to pick their level of lots since they are all gone. ((((these number are of course ficticitious, but you get the point)))

So again what make a location "valuable" is very pertinent.

Ice Queen and Leelu like this.
  2. agra

agra Avatar

To me, valuable is:
    Fast loading.
    Expert crafting stations. (+30% success / +11% crit)
    With access to NPC that offer all crafting supplies.
    Access to a bank.
    Near the zone in.

Some combination of those factors would seem to determine value.
    However, now that Expert stations are (most likely, imho) not going to be placed in public NPC crafting pavilions, anywhere in the world for episode 1, and everything loads slowly, only the last three are "valuable" to me.
    Access to Expert crafting stations would appear to be a massive tangible perk that I can't get, nor will have any control over, so I've let that one go.
    Afaik, PoT's can't offer all the crafting supplies that Ardoris offers, for example. Which is a real shame, or I might seriously consider one, if they were small and had that + Expert stations, because it would be better than anything else out there.

Familie Barus and Leelu like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Not everyone is concerned with vendor visibility. In fact, that's at the bottom of my list. ;)

Black Tortoise, Kara Brae and Leelu like this.
  4. Culann

Culann Avatar

I was in group 29 and all Owls Head, Kingsport and Brittany town lots were gone. My second account was group 50 and it was the same for village lots. Even the row lots closest to the merchant district in Brittany were taken. Xenos, however, was almost empty with 20 or so town lots so I had lots (no pun intended) to choose from there. Later that day (29th) I discovered Elad's Lighthouse right next to Brittany...same template as Xenos and only 4 lots taken so I was able to pick what I wanted there for both my town and village lots. There are other new PRTs such as Westend and Brekken Bay that are almost empty.
    I'm very happy with how things worked out. The newly added PRTs made a huge difference for me. I'm also resting easy knowing come August, there will be many, many 'good' lots to choose from. Thanks for takin' care of us devs!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was checking out Elad's Lighthouse and it has direct boat access to Brittany. Very Nice.

6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Please, not this fear-mongering again.

During the test landrush I wandered about waiting for my group's (50) turn, and it was obvious that the first lots to go in the popular NPC towns were the largest: Castle, Keep, City and Town. As of last night (land rush over) there were still lots available in all sizes in non-POT towns.

For me a location is valuable if it is conveniently located for my own crafting and shopping needs, or if it has a beautiful view. Confronted with a free village lot at the entrance to Owl's Head I wouldn't claim it because it doesn't fit my criteria.

cartodude and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  7. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

I was able to get the lot I wanted in an NPC town (Harvest) in group 38. I was the only lot chosen up to that point in the town. Land rush is over and there are only 5 lots taken out of an available 139. Not a full selection of things to purchase here though. There are smaller NPC towns with better selections of NPC vendors.

Duke Gréagóir and Kara Brae like this.
  8. agra

agra Avatar

Every PRT with an NPC hub that I've seen is massive, and it's a solid 1 minute run from the zone in to the hub. (like, the new ones based on paxlair)
    The old PRT's like Redmill have no NPC hub, but have those temporary bankers at the zone-in. (I can't believe they're just going to leave those like that??)

If they redo Redmill-style PRT's to have an NPC hub with a crafting pavilion and a bank, that might be ok.

Ice Queen, Culaan and Nhili Dragon like this.
  9. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

I took my previous spot and it is in Hidden Vale it it went exactly on time no problem. My only complaint is the portals and boats to go back and forth are missing. We need more ways to travel as the run from Britanny for a weak person is no fun the passes are too hard. Just 1 opinion :(

10. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

My thinking was that the latter (Ice Queen) was correct... I cant keep up!

Oh man this is really starting to feel like doing my taxes :p

11. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

Got the spot I wanted, or one of them, although I think it will be different when it comes to the actual landrush (currently due on my day off anyway).

I did not get any town spot after the last wipe due to a graphical bug for about two weeks and when I did I had a hard time finding any, although this could of course had multiple causes when you're looking at two weeks in.

12. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

There is no need to run from Britanny to the Hidden Vale because the ferry to Kingsport is now right outside Britanny. Some Hidden Vale residents are disappointed that they no longer have the ferry to Ardoris, but inhabitants of other regions also have to cross control points to get to other places. The ferry from the Hidden Vale to Britanny is a great advantage for Hidden Vale residents in my opinion.

Xandra7 likes this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It may very well end up being an advantage for Hidden Vale residents. Having my house in Aerie, I appreciate not having to go through control points to get there.

Ice Queen and Xandra7 like this.
  14. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

It is easy to get to Hidden Vale and Brittany but to get to Soltown or Solencia areas means going for a long run or passes. Not fun at all, maybe I am missing something though :(

Ice Queen likes this.
  15. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I've had several spots in the past in Braemar that were all good spots, close to the entry point, but this time they moved the entry point to the other road... So I decided to give Soltown a try because it's the same layout, but more popular, I place in the same area I'm used to being in and I'll give it a try... I haven't found a Banker in Soltown, surprisingly...

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  16. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

If I remember right and this did not change, he is sitting in a building on the waterfront.

SmokerKGB likes this.
  17. Corazon

Corazon Avatar

Got the spot I wanted, but my neighbour ruined the serenity by placing a monstrous eye sore of a building on his lot :p
    Moved to a POT island. Ahhh the serenity.......

18. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

In the tavern I think, not checked this release.

SmokerKGB likes this.
  19. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

You are thinking of the wrong town (Solania maybe?). As @Wintermute of CoF has already indicated, the Soltown banker (a female) is located in the Inn in Soltown as she ever was.

Duke Olahorand likes this.
  20. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Yes ... too much sol on my head ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.