Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPC City performance issues

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Stundorn, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I have big problems in NPC Cities.
    Some Releases ago it was somewhat better.
    Some big cities were always a lagshow , Owls, Ardoris, Etceter, all Britannys... 10 frames maybe
    Xenos was always unplayable. I cannot even turn around.

I know I have a old machine, but maybe I can do something to get it better until I buy a new one???

Actually i play with a HPxw8600 WS
    Xeon x5450 @3Ghz
    16gb EEC RAM
    Older Fujitsu SSD
    GTX 660ti

A new Graficscard seems worthless, the CPU is a bottleneck.
    The Adventuring Scenes and PoTs run fine,
    Krul is laggy, somewhat better in FM than in MP.
    If i visit crowded scenes in MP I get lag too, Deep Ravenswood for example, but i tend to play in FM anyway.

Some tips or should i spent the money to a new PC than to Portalarium ? :p

Time Lord, Tamsen and zyxe like this.
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Alter Schwede. Also, klar, das Spiel ist nicht optimiert usw usf.
    Aber was du brauchst ist vor allem ein neues Board und eine neue graka.
    Wenn du willst such ich dir etwas günstiges raus.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Time Lord and Stundorn like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Hehe, ich will schon seit Weihnachten was neues , aber mir ist bisher erfolgreich was dazwischengegrätscht, Karre für 1000 Euro repariert , Kind geht zur Kommunion, weißte was so ein Kleid und Schuhe kosten :eek:
    Ich denke zum Herbst hin werde ich wieder flüssiger sein. Oder ich Kauf auf 12monate auf Pump, geht auch.
    Dachte an mifcom der ne ähnliche Seite und Bastel mir was zusammen, spiele nix groß anderes als SotA , muss also keine 1080 sein.
    Hab auch schon überlegt oben nicht ein HP Omen Laptop mit ner 1060 wird, sollte ja eigentlich auch reichen.
    Dann könnte ich auch im Büro Mal einloggen :D

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Ich hab ein MSI mit einer 1060.
    Hat tatsächlich nahezu die Leistung der Desktop Variante. Nvidia hat es dieses Mal wirklich geschafft.

5. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I have a much older machine but many releases ago I can record the game and play at the same time... now, not very much... my machine didn't change... the game did in a way that made my computer work harder... T_T

I love how the new Xenos look... but crashed a few times while I was there trying to take a look at @Mad Hatter 's Welcome Area... I finally got to see it though but I had to force the game to use DX9 instead of DX11...

Time Lord and Tamsen like this.
  6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I recently traded in my old NVidia GT640 for a new graphics card and power source. My current configuration:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6084

Before I switched the graphics card, I had an average of 8-12 FPS in SotA. The new card has helped, but not too noticeably. The FPS varies widely, which makes me suspect that my Internet connection plays a large role (25 Mb/s). Just now I logged in and had between 29 and 44 FPS. Howver I often observe values under 20.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i'm on 350k dsl and my framerate is fine. not related, i don't think.

8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Oh, this i may try, forcing dx9

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

You can also try telling windows to prioritized SOTA for system resources. I have used this on many older machines and it helps but you have to do it each time you turn on the game. You do this in windows 10 by hitting ctr alt delete to open your task manager then click the details tab then right click the SOTA client and then click set priority. I recommend not going higher then high on the priority it can sometimes crash peoples system if you click realtime. I've never had a crash on high though. Another thing that can also help is setting your system setup for performance based versus other forms. You can do this in windows ten by clicking the search bar type in system. Click to open the system control panel. In the system control panel click advanced system settings. This will open up a window where the top bar says performance click the settings box there. Then click adjust for best performance bubble and hit apply. This will tell windows to stop doing silly extra things that run down performance and will allow a more smooth experience in the applications you run.

10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Tried all tips and went through some tests with driver settings, but nothing helps.
    Setting the client to fastest grafic setings helps the best - if think i stay at that, although i muss the shaddows :(
    Maybe turn them on on lowest again.
    i think its a lack of vram , if the card has a lot of memory to load the objects into i think it will run better.

saving some money now for a new machine or laptop - HP Omen with a 1070 maybe or a new desktop - uncertain

Time Lord likes this.
  11. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I noticed a huge change in performance with this newest release, excessive stuttering, lag spikes while loading player home deco and even just a general stutter every few seconds almost everywhere. I don't know how much of it has to do with your "older" rig, but there is definite performance degradation in this newest release.

12. mike11

mike11 Avatar

In general so far this release has been pretty good for me for performance. I've moved my Steam directory to a SSD, upgraded all my Radeon drivers, and running Creators Update (Win10).

Good improvement in performance this release. I haven't been to all the cities mentions (Xenos).. But Brittany wasn't too bad.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.