Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPC Dialogue Feedback - Contrast Et. Al.

Discussion in 'Release 38 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Matt Harris, Jan 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Harris

Matt Harris Avatar

I find the light gray text on a gray background hard to read. Is there any way to increase the contrast or set the background to black?

It would be nice if it were floatable or sizable like the chat window.

Also, clicking on an NPC closes the chat window. I personally, would rather keep that open, especially if I am also chatting with someone else.

2. Womby

Womby Avatar

Form and function are not a zero sum endeavour. You can have both. Unfortunately the current NPC dialogue interface seems to have sacrificed function in pursuit of form. The keyword list along the bottom of the dialogue box has the following problem: there is not enough room to hold all the keywords that most conversations involve. This means that the player will be forced to scroll the list more often than should be necessary. This would not be the case if a vertical list were to be used. When it comes to things that the player will be forced to do all the time, I think it is a mistake to sacrifice function in pursuit of form. In the unlikely event that you can't have both (I believe you can), then most players would rather you chose function over form. Ease of use over looks.

Of course, it should be possible to do both.

majoria70 likes this.
  3. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I find the normal chat window going away when talking to vendors, bankers, etc annoying. If I'm going to the bank to get a list of items requested by a guild member, I'm either going to have to go in and out of the banker dialogue or write the list down out of the game.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's not too fun on a small screen, either. i COULD have both the vendor and the conversation boxes fully visible, but only if i could resize and move the new one.
    [​IMG]

5. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

I've also just notice another issue with vendors. When I close the inventory list, I still have to say goodbye to get away from the vendor. Owl's head shopping trips are going to be very annoying.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

The floatable part is coming, but at the moment it's still tiny with no contrast.

7. Matt Harris

Matt Harris Avatar

I understand that it isn't finished. I would like the option of keeping the old-style interface.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I don't think that is going to happen. What changes for the existing? We have waited so long for changes to the npc conversation UI, we need them to be what we need ;)

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.