Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPC (guards) Armor

Discussion in 'Release 3 Feedback' started by Kain3, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kain3

Kain3 Avatar

I will not bother to say how happy I am that Portalarium is made up from some of the most talented people in the industry that have managed in so little time to do so much. That is true through and through.

I will not even both to talk about crafting, friend/ignore lists or any of the things covered so very well by other posters.

What I want to talk about might sound trivial, but to me it affect immersion (or suspension of disbelief as some might call it). Anyways....

During the first two Releases the guards were....how to put it politely....Walking-talking mechs in full plate, with the only thing reminding you they are "human" being humanoid and two beady eyes hidden behind the visor.

People pointed out that guards cannot walk around in full plate all the time, which is logical. To this Portalarium replied that in Release 3 they will address this issue.

This is what we got:

[​IMG]

Every time I walked past a guard I tried very hard not to get cross-eyed. I understand that this is still in pre-alpha and possibly this might not be the final look of the NPC guards, but I thought I would help with a nudge to the devs towards a more appropriate direction:

[​IMG]

(PS: I made the collage with the intent to speak about armors in general, thats why there are also mages in it -just ignore them :D)

2. Skalex

Skalex Avatar

I thought it odd that they were weaponless.
    Once sheathing is in, I'm sure they'll have weapons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.