Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPC names not showing up right away

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by jiirc, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I love that you arrive to Novia now and don't know anyone's name until you ask them. I think this is a great touch that adds to the feeling of just getting there and is sure to add to the engagement feeling and attachment. Just another unexpected, subtle touch. Thanks.

kabalyero, Sindariya, smack and 3 others like this.
  2. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

I really dig this new way to discover the world's npcs. I now feel very encouraged to meet every NPC just to get their name. Good idea!

smack, TheMadHermit and Sir Cabirus like this.
  3. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

I agree much more realistic and immersive then just somehow knowing the name of everyone you walk by even if you have never met them before.

smack, TheMadHermit and Sir Cabirus like this.
  4. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

Like it too, but to make more realistically...what if you dont talk to a certain NPC for x number of days causes you to forget his/her name? Granted certain names you probably always remember...but that peasant you saw on the side of the road you decided to talk to and ask his/her name, One month later...would you really remember? They can still be flagged as being recognized..just you forgot his/her name. I still have trouble remembering several coworkers name (ones i don't have day to day interactions with or not supervisors) and I have been here for 4 years.

5. smack

smack Avatar

Totally agreed. Having to learn NPC names was one of my favorite features of R7. I know some might not like this, but I'd also prefer to learn the names of places too before that compass or map auto-reveals it to me.

Lord Baldrith and Duffrey Blake like this.
  6. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Why not also add this feature also for players? You come in a world where you don't know everybody, why should you know the others players name?

NRaas, Duffrey Blake and kabalyero like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.