NPC Towns -- when do they get NPCs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jaxtron, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaxtron

Jaxtron Avatar

My lot placement isn't until the 12th. I know I will be able to place my lot/house as there are a good number of NPC/PRTs. Currently, most of the NPC/PRTs are "under construction" and awaiting the addition of the basic NPC/Crafting centers. At least that is what I have managed to garner, that NPC towns are part of the story, PRTs aren't but all will have at a minimum, the basic crafting and NPC selections. Is that still the plan or am I mistaken in this?

I understand the location of the lots won't change as these towns are fleshed out but is there any kind of time frame as to when the basics for normal civilization will be added to these towns? I do like that there isn't any fast travel (well, sometimes...other times, I just really want to be there). The thought that it may be another 6 months or so from when I can place my house to when I actually have access to a trainer or NPC vendor for crafting supplies without exiting my town, running across the map, zoning into another town, buying what I need and then returning is somewhat frustrating. Yea, no idea the time frame. 6 months is just a number I threw out there. I checked the roadmap and the schedule and don't see this mentioned.

Of course I have my preference as to where I want to place (originally wanting Owl's Head but that is filling up pretty quickly) and really want a town with NPC options and crafting stations.

So, any idea of when I can actually buy a chunk of coal or salt and then use it on a crafting station in any of the NPC/PRTs?

Thanks!

Acred and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Crafting vendors near the crafting stations usually sell chunk of coal, salt, wax and other crafting "fuels".

The NPC towns have NPCs. They just don't always have final dialogue, NPC schedules, etc. The PRTs may still be waiting on the addition of NPCs.

Acred likes this.
  3. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, every town in the game should have basic NPCs. If there is an NPC or PRT that is missing an essential NPC please file that as a bug (note that some like Valhold are missing some NPCs intentionally for story-based reasons).

As we progress through finishing the plot those NPCs will become "de-genericizied" and given names, backgrounds and in some cases quests.

4. Jaxtron

Jaxtron Avatar

Ah. I zoned into several but never wandered far beyond the entrance as everything looked empty. I just must not have gone far enough in.

Thanks for the response. Now to go exploring a bit farther into each town.

Acred likes this.
  5. Jaxtron

Jaxtron Avatar

Maybe I am just really confused. I thought Holtrot was a PRT and looking on sotamap, it shows as a PRT but I ran all over it looking for a crafting area or any NPCs other than the banker and town crier. Am I mistaken and this isn't one that would have the limited crafting station/NPC setup or are they just not in Holtrot? I can bug it but didn't want to if I was mistaken. Maybe since Holtrot isn't in Novia, it hasn't been revamped yet?

Ok, went to Novia and tried Brekken Bay. After running around, I found the NPC area with the crafting tables, banker, trainer, etc. Would still rather have a full blown NPC town but a PRT would have the essentials if I can't get in one.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.