1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

NPC Training is too cheap, it should scale up.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Time Lord, May 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

NPC Training is too cheap, it should scale up.

100 gp for every new skill trained, doesn't make me feel like it's a great value. It just makes everything look cheap, no matter what your skill level.

Things of higher value cost more money, and that's the way we modern humans are geared for. So, when I look at those training trees, it doesn't feel like I'm trying to gain something of more value, when everything is at the same level of pricing.

In real life, if I were buying a ring and every ring cost the same even diamonds, then I may have chosen a Cracker Jacks Decoder Ring to get married with, instead of diamond which just looks like clear glass. But in real life, the diamond is far more expensive and therefore more desirable.

We need to lust after our higher skills we can't yet afford in skill level, so we need to scale their costs to train train them, as if they are of greater value than the base level skills.

Just examples, more zeroes
    [​IMG]
    ~TL~:D

2. Mingo

Mingo Avatar

--Gold sinks are important in an MMO economy. It SHOULD be more costly to advance to the top (or bottom) of the skill tree. Yes, I agree.

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I respectfully disagree.

Time Lord, FBohler and that_shawn_guy like this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Why do you feel it shouldn’t cost more for higher level skills?

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I could see some increase in cost for the highest tier skills but not nearly the escalation you suggest. Paying that would be easy for an established player who can go adventure and earn thousands of gold an hour, or who have farms set up to make them income and are really only picking up an extra skill here or there. But try to think back to when you were just starting out, and trying to unlock a bunch of skills at once, sometimes just trying to get to a more useful skill furthur down the tree. I don't know about you but I was always broke back then between buying skills, some reagents or cooking ingredients and a few extra bank slots. I wasn't even paying rent back then. I do agree we need more gold sinks, but I think it a bad idea to target them at brand new players instead of those of us with millions of gold already saved up.

6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I like the idea but the example numbers are a bit high - but then again just an example. Perhaps AL could influence the price also?

I’m thinking maybe a simple 100 Gold x Tree Level might be a less harsh example .. ie. 100,200,..,600

Time Lord likes this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Because of exactly what Gwendolyn and Echondas said above... :rolleyes:
    Thinking back when I was new and gold was precious. The OP's numbers seemed a bit harsh.

Anpu and Time Lord like this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~At the low low price of 100 gp for each level why charge anything at all?~

If you have 40 skill points to qualify for
    your final skill, how much gp do you have?

[​IMG]
    That's sure allot of cash!
    ~We need scaling prices~

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well in early days some of us requested more interesting ways to acquire skills such as questlines or even raises that will say you've acquired a new skill. This could be varied depending on the choices you make but of course buying skills was the 'easy'route taken as with many things in this game.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Time Lord likes this.
  10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

:)

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~In whatever amounts~

We need a scale that reflects the truth of our gold that it becomes meaningless :confused:
    [​IMG]
    :eek: It's what an Avatar can achieve beyond gold which holds true worth and holds true power :cool:

Gold is only the vehicle that needs to be achieved to meet our personal aims, not our lusts for it.

[​IMG]

I recently heard one of an Avatar that purchased some equipment for over 12,000,000 gp, and their said purpose was to go hunting in a certain place "alone". I thought to myself that was allot of gold to be spending, when a player like me can go to that same place with equipment I bought from an NPC "as long as I go there with companions".

It's likely that any Avatar reaching their highest needed skills has encountered other Avatars, who have enough to think that 10,000 gp is nothing, and could easily be won through but a single adventure.

The power of "hello" is mightier than any bank account's sum or any demands of payment.

But really, 100 gp after a single brief visit to a single scull area causes me to think we either need very steep scaling, or have or trainers demanding no gold at all.

~TL~

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.