Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPCs are going mental

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by Gix, Sep 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Avatar

I don't know what happened... This could have been lag but, usually, I get an icon telling me I got a poor connection when I am lagging...

This is the first time SotA ever acted this way for me. Even when I lag, NPCs don't behave the way that they did today:

Don't look at my combat efficiency as I was too distracted by the behaviour to really do anything practical.

I'd be able to shrug off the 1 second delay on every damage computation as "normal"... until the characters started spinning...

Quenton likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

OT: how can you stand playing without some form of healing?

3. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

One thing i can tell by this video is that you definetly weren't the Master of the Zone.
    Because i get the same lag, hits with delay and mob behaviour if someone else is the Master of the Zone.

Numa likes this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

I wasn't aware that the game uses peer-to-peer. For MPO, that's horrible.

Even when I zone in and find people inside, I usually get fast reaction times. So essentially, the game relies on the host to have a fast internet connection? I wonder what's causing the spinning...

Despite the fact that the devs are dead set on making either Death Magic or Life Magic mandatory, if everybody played the same way, we wouldn't be able to test things properly.

With that said, I do use potions from time to time but with the general lack of healing, I effectively have to avoid PvP, ghosts, earth elementals, groups of "yellow" difficulty mobs or any content that the quest journal believes that I "should" be able to do. It's a vicious cycle because I don't play enough to care but if I could do the content I'd probably play more.

Once you start playing without healing, you see all of the inherent problems with the combat system: avoidance, dodge, damage absorption, etc. They're merely supplements...

Barugon likes this.
  5. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

No idea how exactly they have coded it.
    But i can even test this with just 2 accounts on the same computer.

If Account A is the master then Account B has lag/delay.
    If Account B is the master then Account A has lag/delay.

Even in friends mode, but multiplayer is a lot worse.
    That's why i avoid multiplayer, 99.99% of my playtime.
    I just can't stand this lag.

discipleofweb and Gix like this.
  6. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Yea it's bad. Reminds me of the battle.net DoTA days when the host was from Europe or Asia. Totally unplayable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.