Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPC's randomly grope each other in Central Brittany

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Poor game design, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

1/14/2017 4:57 PM
    Title: NPC's randomly grope each other in Central Brittany
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details: At night, when the NPC's are walking around down the main streets of Brittany, they will randomly stop and grope each other. While this may be intended for places like Ardoris (Love Quest) it makes absolutely no sense in Central Brittany where a "citizen" and a "traveller" will just decided to "oh ooo ah it". It literally looks like to random strangers just decided to get busy in the middle of the street between random walks to no where. I doubt it can lead any player watching this for the first time to say anything but "What the hell is going on? Should I report this to the guards? I think I just witnessed one NPC sexually assaulting another." Seriously, I don't get it.

Also, I understand that someone provided feedback that large cities should have crowds of people in them. Although I appreciate the team's continued attempts to satisfy individual forum account holders, the current state of "crowds" in large cities are probably doing more to hurt performance than they are immersion. Having them walk in a straight line all at once probably wasn't what the original feedback intended, but it probably also wasn't possible to satisfy the general feedback of "there should be crowds" either. That said, please reevaluate if this should even be a thing. I would vote, no.

Perhaps it would be better if the NPC's stopped and talked to one another. Sat down on benches, or generally had some goal in mind. Maybe didn't all walk to the same places at the exact same time? And definitely stopped groping one another randomly.
    Steps to Reproduce: Walk around the location listed below at night.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8) System RAM: 32687
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 1955
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.538.Date.01.11.17
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany
    Area Display Name: Central Brittany
    Loc: (369.7, 40.9, 237.5)

2. Selene

Selene Avatar

Random groping is random. While appropriate for the city of love, I agree that the upstanding citizens of brittany were possibly intended to have better control of their natural urges. Submitted for review. Thank you for reporting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.