Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

NPCs Rotating Beds

Discussion in 'Release 66 Feedback' started by Bedawyn, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

So, I noticed a while back that Marden in Solace Bridge Outskirts would sleep in one bed, then get up and go directly to another bed and go back to sleep. I thought it was odd, but it wasn't quite a bug and I figured maybe he just can't get comfortable since he's sick. :)

But just now, at the Soltown Inn, I just watched Bentley and Stan Clarke sleeping in their beds, then Bentley got up, walked over and went to sleep in a different bed. A few moments later, Stan got up, moved over to the bed Bentley had vacated, and went back to sleep there.

This is on the second floor, in the back bedroom; there's nothing for PCs to do here but wait for them to wake up, if they don't want to wait downstairs. (Or in my case, I was going to be AFK for a bit, so ducked upstairs where I'd be out of the way.) This bed-rotation isn't something players would normally see -- but it IS going to affect the performance for people downstairs, in what can already be a pretty crowded and busy area.

Is there some particular reason why the NPCs move around like this in a room where they won't usually be seen and the movement is actually anti-realistic? If not, can they allowed to sleep peacefully in only one bed, and save us all a few tidbits of performance?

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It seems we have a Goldilocks Scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.