Nudity and Sexual Content

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Rasaro, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

The reason I brought it up is that whatever systems are put in place to deal with cyberbullying should be enough to deal with this sort of griefing. Even a simple blocking system designed to deal with gold spammers should deal even more effectivily with that sort of griefing because simply pushing a button to make a player disappear for this would take the incentive out of it I would think.

I don't disagree that some will abuse any system, there are stories around here of people in UO killing people then using the squat animation to "teabag" the victim so there is precidence. I just don't belive that those small numbers are enough to prevent those who want to use it as part of there role playing from doing so.

I agree that its not easy to deal with antisocial behavior, but there is resurch in this area. For example this from LOL

and I am sure that the devs are devoting some effort to dealing with this because it would only hurt them if they didn't. We have an advantage with this game because it is already being designed to be selective unlike other MMOs where its everyone on the same server which includes UO. If someone is harrasing in this game it should be little effort to make a system to make them go away. This would tend to make antisocial behavior self limiting even without other systems because if everytime you pull this behavior on someone they make you disapear your going to end up rather isolated in game. Thats without bannings and other systematic penelties

PrimeRib likes this.
  2. Kal Morte

Kal Morte Avatar

Another cool thing is that it shouldn't be hard to find PvP with everyone playing one server. It also shouldn't be difficult to find and punish those who want to grief. My guess is that players like that will quickly get bored and move on to another game because their usual targetted demographic is able to ignore and evade them so easily.

3. Silver Sterling

Silver Sterling Avatar

Wouldn't call myself even a historian after all. ;)
    Ok, could have sayed mediaeval times aswell, but took dark age, because i thought, it sounds so nice. ;)

Ok, thats now i detail level far above my knowledge. ^^

Uhh, well that would be most likely be nudity and sexual content in SOTA. But right we can't drive this offtopic all time. Ok, woudn't be the first drive, i end in a offtopic discussion with a mod, but shouldn't become a habit. ;)

Would most likely be the same, if a group takes down the clothing completly and is running around in underwear. What i suggest woudn't be much lesser as underwear. Yust a bit prettier looking. ;)
    Ok, if the game has different looking undewear, you can switch, it would be nearly the same idea, just with short clothings.

Yes, how already told, something like the penis (i don't normaly use this world ;) ) woudn't even be visible. The idea is still with underwear always (or something bikini like, what covers like underwear [sry, don't have a better word for it now], as some countersuggestion to the nudity. ;)

For the word griefing, i personally can't see how this would be griefing. I think we can take out the clothings after all, to have the character in underwear. Or is this now the first RPG i actually get in mind, where you only can run around fully clothed all time?

Edit: Another site. Great. Haven't seen it.

>cyberbullying
    Wouldn't a mute function, where you can kick the other player out of your game an idea? We actually have single player online and also private group, so muting a player out, so you can't see him, he can't see you and you can't interact with him anymore would be an idea.

4. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

5. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

I wonder what impact is this going to have on the game in the long term...

6. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

And in the end...everyone ends up playing SPO.

7. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Judging by the level of interest here, I now see that I can have a full time job tailoring undergarments for interested parties.
    I’m hoping they don’t neglect this important skill tree.

8. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Ooooh avatar, you're so good at that! Ohhh...are all the men from your dimension such great lovers?.

9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I want to be able to enhance our undergarments. Or maybe we can enchant our undergarments too.

MagiK and TemplarAssassin like this.
  10. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I'd be quite comfortable with the adult themes as displayed in Ultima 7: The Black Gate & Serpent Isle. Richard handled them very well. There was a tiny amount of low detail pixellated nudity but it was hardly gratuitous.

I imagine everyone will be clothed unless doing a corpse run or changing outfits anyway. Although if there was a mechanically implemented reason to remove armor while in water then swimsuits might be useful. This really depends on whether or not we have any swimming.

MagiK likes this.
  11. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Ok, but what about the size of our avatar? Can we chose the size at character creation?

12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

That's a good point. I hope they allow for different body types. Large frame with fat, Large frame with muscle tone, medium frame... etc etc. Then allow us to modify our hight as well.

13. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Oh yeah, body types too. Good idea. Yea.

14. Silver Sterling

Silver Sterling Avatar

I still hope for the possibility to morph different body parts. How mentioned already, one of the devs have written already about this part, that he want something like this aswell in the game. As example he had Second Life, but it woudn't be as extensive at the beginning. But for now, i think it anything but a confirmation, that something like this could be in the game. But i would be very very happy about it.

15. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Technically "the Dark ages" are a legitimate description of the period following the collapse of the Roman Empire. It uses the Light/Dark metaphor
    for periods of greater and lesser economic gain and historical documentation. Any historian who gets his panties in a wad over the use of the phrase "The Dark Ages" is just taking themselves too seriously and being snooty for the sake of self agrandizement.

16. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Cut or uncut? :D

TemplarAssassin likes this.
  17. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Yes, they should add this feature too.

18. Silver Sterling

Silver Sterling Avatar

Well, the real dark ages are now. Economic crisis, problems everywhere, more and more debts and peoples aren't accepting even the human body. Ok, at least we have our computer games. ;)

Age Limit. The old well known problem. ;)
    Therefore still the suggestion for short underwear, so we can still see some virtual skin and be happy, but woudn't have the problem with some age agency.
    And having some sexy outlooks wouldn't be wrong. We all sex sells. One of the reason, many games are excessively sexy. Ok, lets put out the sex and the excessively and yust include "sexy" and i think it would be fine. So sexy skiny clothings fine, sexy armor fine (if it covers well), but no skiny armor, because such an armor would actually miss the armor itself.
    We want different bodies, many would be happy over morphing body parts aswell (no genitals), so it would be nice to see the bodies aswell. But with underwear or sexy clothings. ^^

Btw. Should the game include skinny pets aswell? Because we will be able to tame animals aswell. Do we have razors? :D

19. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

If we have razors then we can decide wether to be cut or uncut.
    Also it doesnt have to be visible in graphics, you just use the skill Anatomy on a naked person and get a message describing his physical features, "he looks extremely strong. he has a scar on his left cheek. He is cut."

20. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Oh a scar on the cheek? All this time I was thinking you were talking about jewish customs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.