Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Number of Players Per Instance

Discussion in 'Release 6 Feedback' started by Fredrick FlameGrinder, Jun 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

Hi,
    Most of the time when I went around most instances were utterly dead. A few times I may have saw 20+ in FireLotus Tavern., but they said thousands were playing?

I read they set the instance count to 100 players per instance...Shouldn't they bump that up during testing to stress test and also allow us to see more people? It gives the appeal the game is not actively being played.

adrazz and AvatarGG like this.
  2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

animated gif... dude.

Yep... they chose cloud computing and apparently their host is unstable...

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I'd bet it is that thousands showed up during the course of the five days. I know of some folk that appeared to have logged on for the first time on Sunday and Monday nights. That's based on their dialog: "What do I do?", "Where do I go", "How do you get all that fancy armor?", etc. I wonder what the average and most number online at any one time were.

4. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

It all depends. People standing isn't the same as people all throwing AoE fireballs at each other, doing things which cause collision, spamming chat and emotes, dropping stuff on the ground. If every client needs to know about every other clients right now, before, during, and after some action, the numbers very quickly stress the servers.

5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

You can drop stuff on the ground? since when? If you mean decorating then yes but I'm disappointed that we can't drop items on the ground outside of our property. Lag purposes and such but I really felt like the object was real when I could pick it up and drop it and see it there, but poof it disappears just like wow-ish type of game.

As for people 'dropping' items on the lots I would expect the staff want to encourage everyone who owns a lot to decorate their lots to the fullest to test the ability to load lots that actually have items on them, without this it will be difficult to test what the limits are.

Lord Baldrith and Daggerithian like this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

I think that 100 is more than enough, you do not want to have 50+ people at one place anyway... it can be real chaos... The cities were dead at times, but I do not think it was because of instance limit.

7. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Thinking towards the future. The devs have mentioned that functionality may be forthcoming, being as Richard has been pushing for its inclusion. :)

8. adrazz

adrazz Avatar

Why would you only want 100 per instance, wouldn't you rather it feel like a bustling town opposed to a deserted town?

herradam, Burnden Park and Terminator like this.
  9. Net

Net Avatar

I would rather smaller instances than a whole city, to be honest... People do not behave in games like they do in the real live, they congregare at one or two places or zoom around... so the houses and streets will be deserted with an exception of main street (between quests/vendors) and maybe some palce where players congregate... and I do not want 1000 people in Fire Lotus Tavern, I really do not.

10. adrazz

adrazz Avatar

to be honest if it isn't busy like it used to be in UO then I wont play, that is just being honest

Terminator likes this.
  11. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I think you'all need to remember a lot of ppl play "single" player for the crafting supplies/tools and not to encounter dead NPCs/ Animals/ Broken crates, etc It's great to go into Firelotus tavern and meet LB & SL, but that's not the only thing to do in this game...

And it's so large I doubt you will chose the same hex I'm in...

Kaisa and NRaas like this.
  12. Daggerithian

Daggerithian Avatar

I feel the exact same. There's sadly not really any interactivity at all with the environment nor the ability to drop stuff on the ground (so far). Rather disappointing especially since a big part of Ultima to me is simply such things as dropping stuff on the ground. I was under the impression Lord British was pushing for this to be similar to Ultima Online, Ultima 7-9 in that aspect.

13. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

Don't worry they are planning on adding the ability to drop things on the ground eventually. :) Plus I am sure we will see more interactivity *for instance they mentioned being able to move around the chairs in a tavern*

Daggerithian and NRaas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.