Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

observation about proposed balancing methods

Discussion in 'Release 74 Feedback' started by ErikRulez, Jan 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

To start with, I agree with the goal of making everyone work for the experience they earn and eliminating areas where one person can farm xps while others sit idle. I think the reason that the possible coming changes are so hard to swallow are that it feels like it cuts too deep. Currently we can get 2 million in about 20 mins in certain areas. This is a rate of 6 million/hour even though I can't earn the full 6 million, if I have 20 minutes during the day I can jump in and get a good return for my time in game. I can also use the other 40 mins of game time to do other aspects of the game and feel like I'm not losing anything. If you change things so I have to work for 1 full hour to earn 2 million xps, that is only 33% of the xp I was getting before the change for the same amount of invested time. This is hard for players to accept as some of us do have to work for those 20 mins :)

What might be done is to aim for say, 5 million over the hour of work. That means in my 20 minutes of work, I would still get 1.5 million which is easier to take than the 666k / hour I would get from a 2 mil / hour target. This would give hard working groups the reward of earning more xp than before and soften the blow for those who don't want or have the ability to devote as much time to grinding.

Another suggestion is to add a random totem that pulses "find hidden" every 10 seconds say and causes mobs to target enemies with the least aggro. This would shake up the play style of the wave and help eliminate idle players.

I'd also like to see greater and more varied quest rewards to help pull people out of single area grinding sessions but that is its own post.

Anpu, Elgarion and StarLord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.