Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Obsidian arrow] First attack no damage

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by Last Trinsic Defender, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Since the patch today my first attack on different mobs with earth arrow tells me:

[8/3/2016 7:22:34 PM] LastTrinsic Defender attacks Brown Bear and hits, dealing no damage from Obsidian Arrow.
    [8/3/2016 8:02:37 PM] LastTrinsic Defender attacks Skeleton Archer and hits, dealing no damage from Obsidian Arrow.
    [8/3/2016 8:04:13 PM] LastTrinsic Defender attacks Crocodile and hits, dealing no damage from Obsidian Arrow.
    [8/3/2016 8:05:44 PM] LastTrinsic Defender attacks Zombie and hits, dealing no damage from Obsidian Arrow.

And so on. Every follow-up attack does normal damage.

Obsidian Arrow is at 39. Preskill is Stone Fist at 47. Both set to green arrow. Earth attunement is 17. Pooled experience is bigger then 2k. No more error-msg in this context.

2. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

Same here. Build 454

It happens on every ranged skill, and all targets from thugs to rabbits 0 damage on first shot until they are running at you. Some times when they are running at your or kiting them around it is a 0 damage shot. @Attenwood

Update: You cant not kill a rabbit due to his.....

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Is the target in Range or are you shooting when you reticle is not red but a light pink. If light pink OUT of range. Just like if you where on a Rock and the target cannot damage you - you can hit them (Train) but not damage them. It is a problem with ranged attacks it allows you to actually target them manually and shoot at them but you cannot actually hit them.

4. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

This is happening with all the ranged skills as well, and seems to be an issue related with distance. My Range skill (from the Ranged tree) is at 21 and when i attack enemies from max range they receive 0 damage and are not even pulled. It doesn't matter how much i shot, they don't even notice me.

All this is without locking on the enemy; i shot when they're at range (red reticle appears over the mob) but they receive 0 damage.

5. MetricPig

MetricPig Avatar

same thing here, but its not first shot its range related.
    Get in range with obsidian arrow, reticle turns red, shoot but hit for zero damage.
    Move closer... much closer... shoot and hit for normal damage.
    This is artificially reducing the range by a significant amount. Now, to get in range to damage target, it generally spots me first and attacks me.
    Started with build 454.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  6. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

happening here with archery have to be about half my max range away before they take dmg but they will still agro most times

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  7. Lasazarr

Lasazarr Avatar

8. Net

Net Avatar

I think it might be pathfinding issue of NPCs, they do not get damage, if they do not know how to attack you. It is really annoying though as it happens in places where they could attack easily before.

FrostII likes this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Hey @Net I don't think it's pathfinding. I've played with it using Obs Arrow and often there is NOTHING stopping them from getting to me... No elevation, no obstruction... flat land.

10. Net

Net Avatar

Well, they still might have troubles to find (calculate) the path depending on algorithm implementation. I know my character sometimes does weird things when I want him to sit on the bench just next to him.

11. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

I've submitted this for review. Thank you!

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.