Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Obsidian Destroyer Bear Damage output - bugged or is this as intended??

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Grizzly Adams, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Avatar

Did a basic test today on two Obsidian Destroyer bears,

The First Bear - mine has 2327 HP
    I have Taming of 136, 124 Summoning and 100 Taming Specialization all other taming skills are over 115 except resurrect creature 100. In total I have 1180 points in Taming. ( I have over 127 million XP in taming skill tree, feels like a waste of time.)

The Second Bear - has 1099 HP
    This person has 129 in Summoning and does not have Taming Specialization.

Both Bears attacked separate training dummy's and both seemed to produce very similar damage numbers, the only time there was much variation, was with critical hits being larger with my bear (2327HP).

I would have thought that Taming Specialization would have not just effected the total HP of the pet, but also the damage output as well as strength, dex etc.
    @Chris @DarkStarr

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  2. Grizzly Adams

Grizzly Adams Avatar

@Chris Could you please answer if this is indeed a bug or is it intended to be this way?

I know you are currently working on elemental pets but an indication either way would be nice.
    Elemental pets are a single spell from a branch of the magic tree.

Tamed pets are something entirely different, a full branch of the skill tree with many additional skills and requires a huge investment in both time and XP to get to a high level.
    I am starting to wonder if all that time and XP was worth it.

I could have high summoning only and buy my pets and still do the same damage as a fully specialized tamer.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.