Obsidian Potions + Subscription

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, May 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Has anyone noticed that the obsidian potion bonus you get from a subscription seems to have doubled?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I don't know if there was a more recent 'boost' but since Release 95 :

"While subscribed to the rewards program, players also receive these special bonuses:

Obsidian Potions are significantly more powerful!"

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I noticed Precision went from +15% with subscription to +20%. Guidance was +400 or 450 with subscription, so cool with it now +600.

Aurelius Silverson likes this.
  4. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

I think what happened was in Release 95 subscribers were supposed to get a boost to potions. We did but so did everyone else. When devs realized this last release they gave a second boost that really did just go to subscribers (so not to impact any non-subscribers that bought potions recently and didn't realize that their bonus was supposed to be smaller than shown).

Aurelius Silverson, Barugon and Anpu like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think the bonus has gone from +50% to +100% for subscribers.

Aurelius Silverson and Adam Crow like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Interestingly, you can now pretty easily get to 100% equipment preservation.

Aurelius Silverson likes this.
  7. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

My tridents still drop dur pretty rapidly even though I always use the preservation potion.

8. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I looked and both my armor and weapon preservations are above 100% right now. But they still degrade so this is one of those times where 100% does not mean entirely in the math. Not sure if that is due to a cap or what- would be interesting to see the actual math.

Turk Key and Anpu like this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I am confused. I have been using the subscriber potions since r-95 and still do not see the additional strength. The preservation potions are +50% like they always have been. Am I missing something here?

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you have 100 preservation skill (+25%), obsidian preservation potion (+50%) and the preservation blessing (+25%) then that's +100%.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What does WeaponDurabilityBonus and ArmorDurabilityBonus say in /stats?

12. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

The tool tip says that durability loss is reduced by the stated percentage. So if all were the same, the percentages do not add up to 100. I would guess if you calculate one, then the second is a percent of what was left, and the third a percentage of what the first two results were. You never reach 100% preservation.

13. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

That was not clear on re-read.

Given, loss on a hit...5 durability Apply 1st potion 50% preservation, loss equals 2.5
    Now second potion applied, say another 50% potion. Now loss is 50% of 2.5 or 1.25 and so on. You never get 100 percent of the original loss. At least that is how I understand it.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here's what my durability bonuses are with potion + blessing + skills:

[​IMG]

I think it's pretty clear that they're not applied separately. Anyway, I'm going to try it out for a while and see if I get any equipment durability loss.

15. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I think +100% means the reduction of damage done to equipment that those 2 skills apply, would be twice as strong with +100%. It shouldn't negate the damage done to equipment completely.

Barugon likes this.
  16. Gwendolyn Obscuro

One was 1.1 and the other was 1.15 so both above 100%. I know that doesn't actually stop degradation completely (and I don't think it should). What I'm not sure about is if those stats have a cap (either soft or hard) - does the .15 above 1 matter? My assumption there is even if it usually wouldn't matter the above 100% portion would still help when I fought mobs that cast durability debuffs. I'm also not sure if the damage my weapon takes is related to the level mob I am fighting- so maybe if I stayed an outskirts scene my sword would last longer (not that anyone would do that of course).

I vaguely remember some durabilty numbers in the verbose chat on QA so I'll have to play around with that sometime (but not likely this week).

FrostII and Barugon like this.
  17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yeah, I'll bet that it's not applied like we would logically think it should be and that there's really not much difference between the 85% total that i had before and the 110% total that I'm experimenting with now. I went to Spindelskog for about an hour and my bow dropped 5 durability (although no max durability drop yet).

18. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

WTF shhhhhhhh.....
    Better yet...have that preservation apply to all "gathering" tool

19. Yigg Endimion

Yigg Endimion Avatar

there is old math in dura hits, for every 10 hits...iirc...you lose 1 dura ( bows not 100% sure), death w/o rezz or ankh, -10% dura.......not sure after that. i could be wrong.

regular and max dura are different...different decay rates...iirc.

test or hit me up in live to test, but dura loss should only matter to those ppl who, log when dead, zone when dead, or time out when dead. if you are melee, then dura loss is par for the course. you will lose dura. i have items i have used for over a year..no loss.so its all about part and, previous stated conditions.

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  20. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

You can turn on verbose combat mode and you will see the rolls you take for durability loss. Using the terminology of "Minor/Major (Max Max)" for durability (So something "like 50/100 (Max 125)" would be 50 minor dur, 100 major dur, 125 max dur) the minor durability is reduced by these rolls, and every 10pts of minor durability lost is 1pt of major durability lost. Max durability is only changed by masterwork/enchant processes.

If you don't successfully res (at an ankh or by by accepting a res from another player) before the timer runs out you will take 5pts of minor durability damage on all equipped gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.