Obsidian Potions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by moxiepilot, Jan 8, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

How long are the effects, or are they permanent?

Elgarion likes this.
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Elgarion and moxiepilot like this.
  3. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Just to piggy back on this thread to help other newbies (like me) about these Potions. I did a search for Obsidian Potions and found this thread.
    Could someone please help explain some of the descriptions and what they mean? I was looking at that website and few have me stumped. I will post all the effects below and which ones stumped me.

* Capacity +25% carrying capacity for 7 New Brittanian months (7 Earth days).
    (self-explanatory)

* Conservation -25% Reagent use for 7 New Brittanian months (7 Earth days).
    (self-explanatory)

* Preservation -25% armor, weapon, shield damage for 7 New Brittanian months (7 Earth days).
    (self-explanatory)

* Stamina -50% Focus drain on double tap sprinting for 7 New Brittanian months (7 Earth days).

(self-explanatory)

* Precision +15% Meticulous Collection to all gathering skills for 7 New Brittanian months (7 Earth days).
    (What exactly does this mean? Meticulous collection?)

* Expedience +40% Swift Gathering to all gathering skills for 7 New Brittanian months (7 Earth days).

(Seems pretty self-explanatory. I'm assuming that gathering is 40% faster than your character's normal.)

* Reclamation +25 Salvage and Repair to all Production skills for 7 New Brittanian months (7 Earth days).

(I'm assuming that this potion adds +25 to your salvage/repair skill so that it helps you salvage and repair things more efficiently for 7 days. Am I correct?)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'll try to answer, at least as I understand it.

Meticulous Collection and Swift Gathering are skills in the gathering trees. These potions add the percent they state to the bonus from the characters skill to determine if Meticulous Collection "fires" (adding another gathering attempt), or to the speed at which you gather items.

The savage and resist increase the odds you get better results from salvaging and repair. Its not a percentage, but a "efficiency" value for the skill itself. Higher numbers allow you to have a better chance at getting patterns or salvaging components, or increases the amount of durability you restore when performing a repair.

StDrahcir and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.