Obsidian Row House & external Item count

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Vodalion [BEAR], Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vodalion [BEAR]

Vodalion [BEAR] Avatar

Ahoi,

I just bought me an Obsidian Row Home (2 story) and I´m seriously unhappy with the external item count.

The house has a full roof to use, but still i can only place 1 external light, 5 external items and 1 container.

I paid this home with Cotos and thought the decoration limit for these would be bigger because of the usable roof ...

how am i supposed to make use of the roof with only 5 items and 1 light source to decorate ?

@Berek : could you please check this matter and give me a short feedback if this is gonna change in a future update ?
    As it is now, the roof is useless with a limit of 5 items and I kinda feel fooled into buying this home.

regards

Ertai Vodalion

Gustach likes this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I feel the same way, sort of. I would have complained louder, but I was going to buy a bundle regardless, and since all of the bundles are themed (I'd love a plain medieval bundle) I had to pick one. The clincher for the obsidian row bundle was, "hey, I can grow plants on the roof." That I can't is annoying, even more so given I could do so with a row greenhouse, so it's not even like I would somehow be sneaking around the limit. If that had been the sole reason I bought the bundle, I'd be angry. (Especially since the accessible roof is listed as a cool bonus feature.) But like I said, I was getting one anyway; a decoratable roof would have just been a nice extra perk for my purchase.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

not a bug / not an issue - the count is the same for the LOT not the specific house.

They have already said they would look at deco count and stuff AFTER the fix optimization.

Since decoration is not house style but lot specific?????

4. oplek

oplek Avatar

You aren't alone in this frustration. (thread-1 thread-2)

I wasn't happy when I blew 100 COTOS on something that seemed like it was similar to a greenhouse. (I eventually sold it).

The least they could do is have a big flashing warning on these rooftop-access row houses that the external object limit for row houses apply.

5. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Apologies about the item limitations with lights. These are in place due to performance limitations with POTs. As our tweaking of the performance improves, we will be able to up the limit of these lights.

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Might want to check that with @Chris, @Berek. Chris indicated a telethon or two ago that Light Limits (In particular) are unlikely be be increased because of how computationally expensive light are.

7. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

That's correct. It's not off the table, it's possible when performance matches our ability to do so.

8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Just trying to correctly set expectations for the OP.

9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I understand no additional lights, but given that the obsidian row bundles tout roof access as a cool extra feature, it feels really disingenuous that you are not allowed an additional allotment of (non-light source) decorations. The descriptions in the store should at least inform buyers that the roof space counts toward the five item exterior limit and isn't considered interior.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    Bayard likes this.
  10. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Many, many telethons ago, someone asked if the outside deco limit for Obsidian row houses could be raised and Starr said, No. You already the benefit of a roof you can access.

I haven't seen anything that indicates this will change. And raising POT lighting limits won't do anything for the house limits since they are two different things.

Agree 100%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.