Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Obsidian Rowhouses

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by oplek, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oplek

oplek Avatar

I haven't owned a rowhouse before, and wasn't aware of how strictly limited the external objects were (5). I understand why, for performance's sake.

I invested 100 COTOs in a 4-story obsidian rowhouse (reference). As far as I can tell, the obsidian rowhouse series are the only ones that have object-placable rooftops. That was one of the big appeals to me (otherwise, I would have gone for the "greenhouse" types)

... but I still have a limit of 5 objects... which have to be split between the 1st floor entrance, balcony and top-roof. That seems kind of silly to me. I was planning on having a decorated roadside setup, growing things on the roof, placing some statues or something. That's all dashed now - hopes and dreams crushed, forever.

I'm not sure what a solution could be. I think increasing the limitation for this one line of rowhouses would open up a can of worms, in terms of balance between house types. I can't speak for other owners of this type, but I wouldn't mind having the roof sections switched over to internal, both for object counts and load-triggering. They're so high up off the roadside anyway.

Figured I'd throw that out there.

Jordizzle and Hermetic like this.
  2. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I own a 2 story obsidian rowhouse, which like you I got just because of the roof, and also like you was disappointed because of those limits. I agree that the roof should be considered as internal for item/light placement purposes.

Jordizzle likes this.
  3. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I agree. Making the roof part of the internal item/light placement would be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.