Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Obsidian Trials - Feedback & Observations

Discussion in 'Release 56 Feedback' started by Gix, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gix

Gix Avatar

• The lobby should just be a PvE area. I don't know if it's PvP because it's "technically" still part of the battle royal map despite being secluded but people shouldn't be able to pickpocket in there... just like they can't in the "prepare to be teleported" room. It's just too small of an area to have some dude steal 25g every minute.
    • Some people are running around with a buttload of Blessings and Obsidian Potions. Regardless whenever or not that's the intended meta, people might not be keen on gathering all their buffs before a match. You don't have to but it won't be good if people feel like they do. Maybe either remove buffs upon entering the lobby or add the shrines so that everyone can easily and conveniently get them.
    • I'm adventure level 72 and I didn't stand a chance against anyone I encountered. It's fun to duke it out in an environment where you don't lose anything but I don't think people will enjoy getting their face pummelled in over and over and not really get anything in return. I'm okay with the idea that you can't always win something, but for some people (like myself) I believe it's statistically impossible to get a single kill.
    • The red smoke entrance thing doesn't really communicate "doorway". When it first appeared, I was excited because "omg! it's happening!" but I wasted my time looking for another door that didn't exist. It's not that big of a deal considering that, if there's enough players to do a battle royal, then you can see them moving towards the smoke when the doorway is available.
    • Due to the relatively poor lighting conditions in the lobby, the exit to Novia is hard to find. I believe you spawn next to it when you arrive/die but, if you walk in the middle of the room, there's so much visual noise that a tough spot to spot.
    • Generally speaking, I believe that AoEs are overall too strong compared to single-target and the radius of their effect.

Gustach and Sara Dreygon like this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I had a fun time there, I think its a very nice new PvP battlegrounds feature for the game.
    The only thing like OP said, lower level players do not stand a chance, but Chris explained that there will be a level capped functionality soon. In about 2 releases from now.

Cant wait for the level capped, as then at least I have a fair chance to whoop some ass hopefully :D

Gix likes this.
  3. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

You cannot attack or pickpocket people in the lobby indeed.There was a guy just spamming an emote /e saying he was pickpokceting 25 g, but was just an emote.

Gix and Jaesun like this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

Oh. I'm surprised you can even see emotes from invisible people.

Dhanas likes this.
  5. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

3 days after release 56, and this place is empty ... ive check it out, because i had high hopes of pvp arena in Sota,, sadly i was alone in there,, can i couldnt even survive the fog,, just no where to run at about 30 sec from end.. or im missing something,, anyhow,, sad that this isnt more popular...

6. Gix

Gix Avatar

@kl4nk Don't you automatically win (without reward) if you go in by yourself? That's what happened to me when I entered by myself the first time.

When I actually participated, it was (by complete chance) during a dev livestream.

This isn't the first arena in SotA, by the way... the thing is is that the population is too low to inhabit any of them not to mention that most people probably don't know where they are much less whenever they exist at all.

It's just simpler to organize PvP tournaments in custom-build gladiator pits in your local town... or there's Blood Bay.

In the case of the Obsidian Trials as it is right now, it's in an experimental state. I heard that they were going to cap the power level so that more players would feel inclined to participate because, if you're not in the top 15 PvP power-house, you're practically fodder.

The "Looking for Group" tab could probably use some added information on the amount of players currently in each PvP arena (or perhaps every PvP-only scene), but that'll only help awareness.

7. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I also think it was hard to find - looks like a notch in the mountainside near Nightshade Pass - nothing really there to draw attention to it.

At least the Lost Vale gate is easy to see from far away.

8. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I agree, they should add some PvP Arena dungeon tab in the LFG window.
    Where you can "subscribe" for an invite to the Arena itself or something like that.

Dhanas likes this.
  9. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Because the existing rewards are not appealing ... once that gets adressed i think the arena will be more populated.

10. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

And most important part the level cap feature needs to be implemented.

Gustach likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.