Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Obsidian Trials redux

Discussion in 'Release 61 Feedback' started by Vladamir Begemot, Dec 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Just did the event that @Chrystoph Reis hosted, which I found really fun. I don't have a lot of skills to 100, but it was pretty neat seeing a few of them capped and knowing that I at least had a fighting chance.

So my observations

• Lvl 100 skill cap is great. There are other permutations that will also be great. I sometimes meet new players who are very into PvP, I hope there will be a place where they can PvP in the early game, with a lvl 50 skill cap, or even 40.
    • Or perhaps it needs to be a skill lvl up. I heard several hardcore PvPers mention it, and that would make the playing field totally based on skill and gear, not skill level. Setting everyone to 100 also has the benefit of letting a new player come in and at least have a chance fairly early. They will also see just how much more skill based the game is than one might think.
      • Either way, the door now opens for the possibility of well balanced team based game types, which is exciting.
    • Forcing everyone to wait with nothing to do as the game runs down, particularly when it is over, is a no go. If it has to be that way due to farming, add a Skirmish room off to the side.
    • You've got some serious bugs that I believe are well known. The three I encountered were not being able to enter the competition (5 or 6 of us couldn't use teleporters during one round), suddenly phase shifting from the lobby to the arena, and dying, right before the fight (not a game breaker, respawned and still got in), and appearing in the arena at the start of prep phase, without using a teleporter.
    I think this is a big win. It makes me want to swing into the Trials occasionally, and stop stocking my vendors and get my skills up to 100 so I can compete on an equal footing, something that was not a possibility before.

Xee likes this.
  2. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I agree if there was away to create instances for various level ranges that would be very beneficial for lower levels to have some pvp fun.

3. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Good ideas but with our current combat design I highly doubt it's ever going to amount to much.

You need people to fill these battlegrounds.

If these guys had any clue we'd already have a small or medium playerbase keeping these trials running with more PVPers than what you see with the PVEers in Upper Tears.

Just think of how many crappy low budget PVP games are out there with larger playerbases than our own.

I have no idea where the feedback comes from that tells them our combat system is fine or good enough when the results speak for themselves.

I look at our upcoming improvements to combat and see them adding Baby Dragons and a new type of Polearm.

Give me a break.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.