Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Odd limitations for batch size and speed

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by Mishikal, Jan 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I don't understand why the batch size and speed improvements are limited to refining materials only. There are plenty of things outside of the very narrow refining scope that are necessary in large quantity. Pine/Maple boards are an excellent example. These are used in large quantities for crafting various pieces of furniture, and yet I'm limited to having to work in batches of 20 to craft them. Similar issue with items like bolts of cloth.

I understand for balance reasons why the limitations exist on the chance of producing more than the default when refining, but the other two restrictions don't make any sense to me. If I need 100 boards, I'm going to craft 100 boards. What's the point in making me suffer while doing it?

mass, Astor Cerberus and kaeshiva like this.
  2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

+1 from me. Disappointed that the new skills don't affect components crafted on the refining table, such as wood pulp, boards, bolts, etc.

Also still think the speed increase is insultingly low for the xp cost. 20%? So I'll spend 16 hours a week instead of 20, smelting. Not real thrilling. Was really hoping that significant xp investment would make a significant difference, like making refining the stuff you've gathered that trip in a few minutes, possible. Even with the speed boost, refining is like having a 20/hr week part time job.

Mishikal likes this.
  3. Nib

Nib Avatar

I can understand why the refinement bonus does not apply to components. But batch size and speed would be nice and would not damage market price of components.

Mishikal likes this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Honestly with the RNG I don't think even the efficiency would be economically destroying. If anything, it would finally potentially make crafting profitable over raws, after making crafters dump millions of xp into it of course.

At the very least though, I'd expect the batch size/speed to work.
    And I'd expect the speed to actually you know, make it faster.
    Right now, there's more of a difference to refining speed noticeable by taking your character and putting them in a basement with little lag, than there is from raising the skill.

Tila Tenderfoot and Mishikal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.