Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Offline mode can't play different accounts

Discussion in 'Release 30 Dev+' started by Miracle Dragon, May 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

In offline mode, I should be able to get up and let my wife sit down and play, but she can't. Only my character is available once I create it.

Offline mode needs a way to load the profile of any game account in the game menu screen or launcher. Please fix! I shouldn't have to delete my offline character to let my wife make hers, when we both own the game. We only have the one gaming computer, which is part of why we want to play offline (because we can't play together online anyway.) But I'd have to have two completely separate installs of the game just to have 2 characters going at once? That doesn't make any sense. Please let us select an account when we open the game at login. If it requires internet connection just for the profile swap, fine, but is that really necessary? (right now, that's not even an option, so it would be better than the current non-options).. Thanks!

Spoon and Leelu like this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I think you can have as many characters as you would like Offline (at least more than one... I only tried making two.)

If you go to the "Play Offline" screen, you will see your avatar ready to play. However, if instead of clicking on "Resume" or "Start on World Map" you click on "Load Game" at the bottom, it will ask if you want to save your current game first. Click yes and name it what you want.

Then, look at the bottom left and click on "New Game". This will let you create a whole new avatar and start over! :D It will load that new character right into Isle of Storms to see Arabella.

Next time you run the game, you can go to Load Game again (I suggest saving the current one just in case the last person playing forgot to save it) and then select the saved game/avatar you would like to play next.

As for keeping their progress saved and separate, when you go to quit the game, there is a "Save Game" button on the options panel. Select that and save it before going to the Quit button.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  3. Miracle Dragon

Whaa?! I don't see this. I only have 'Resume', 'Start on world Map', 'back', and 'Delete Character'.

Entering the game as my character, I don't have any 'Save Game' on the option panel either before hitting the quit button..... ????

edit: Release 30 notes say the load/save feature is being added to offline mode in Release 30! (which isn't officially released until this Thursday, so no wonder I didn't see it!)
    I guess this should clear up the problem I introduce in this thread. Thanks Portalarium! You're the best!

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    Attenwood likes this.
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yea, this thread was under the QA server forum so I assumed you were testing it there and I didn't specify a build number.

5. Miracle Dragon

Gotchya. I'm still downloading the QA update.. it's been 2 days, and i'm at 60% :D

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.