Offline Mode Far Different From Online - Not Complete...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khalest, Jul 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Hello everyone, the PissedPoster is back with another one, lolz, no i just thought that was a funny & somewhat apropos. Anyhow, i had eluded to this somewhat in another post i made but it wasnt addressed & i was browsing the game shop & when i saw this it really made me want to ask about it to see if this was a statement that was no longer valid concerning the game or if it was in fact correct...or i should say if it was supposed to be there because it is in fact technically not correct to my limited knowledge. Anyhow heres the statement copied directly from this page- https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085#tab-other and this is the statement im referring to -

"Additionally, in Offline mode all game content will be available in-game for in-game gold including ALL the Add On Store content. Gold Crowns of the Obsidians (COTOs) can also be acquired to obtain items and services."

Well here in lies my query: First, does "all game content" include the player owned towns? Because if it does then no, the statement is false. When i play offline mode there is NO player owned towns. They show up in name form on the mini-world map that we bring up but there is no corresponding buildings or markers actually on the World Map its self. The strange thing is, is that as im walking back & forth over the spot where the town is supposed to be, i see in my chat box that its saying - "So&So Town Marked On Your Map", but as i said theres actually no town. Im not going to keep listing things that arent in the offline mode that are supposed to be, because im actually not posting this because im trying to call the Dev's on a mistaken wording of something. No, im more trying to one, find out if my game is messed up or if im messed up, lol, & also to bring to their attention things that need fixing or even more than that, things that could get them sued over. Now before you think thats a veiled threat, it is in no way that. I care about this game & the greatly talented & dedicated people who service it & i dont want anything to happen to it or them. An i do know for a fact that theres a set of people out there in the world that actually make their living off of suing others for these little kind of mistakes.

So in closing, as always thank you to the many wonderful & talented people who are involved in the game & oh yah by the way - Hey Steevodeevo, redfish & Anvar guess what i was doing in the game store????? BUYING AN EXTRA CHARACTER SLOT!...Ha Ha Ha!......[​IMG] ......[​IMG] ......[​IMG]

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

No. Since there are no other players in offline, there are no player owned towns. In the statement you quoted, "game content" refers to the content purchased in the store (maybe "purchased game content" would be a better wording) which can be purchased in-game in offline mode. Supposedly. I think there are a few items not yet available, like bundles.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Brugas likes this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Kahless the Unforgettable.

Ataniiq likes this.
  4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Almost unanimously the Single Player enthusiasts wanted no POTs in the single player experience. Many of them aghast at the thought, and would have you pilloried for suggesting they should be included.

FrostII, Nelzie and Brugas like this.
  5. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Nope, you're wrong. Unless you asked everyone about it..

Ataniiq likes this.
  6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

He did say "almost."

Jaesun and Brugas like this.
  7. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

The devs took POTs out of off line mode last year I think.

8. Ataniiq

Ataniiq Avatar

Valiant.

StrangerDiamond likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

What is your point here? Are you playing the offline game? And mistakes? This is a totally crowd funded game that has evolved so far to where it is now. Maybe it's just me and I'll read the op again but I don't see the point about the group of people you mention. This game is still in active development even atm with a smaller team. I don't feel offline is as actively being developed as online atm but perhaps one day when funding allows.

FrostII and Ataniiq like this.
  10. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

I'm fine with no PoTs in offline mode. They'd be ghost towns. Nothing but empty lots and POSSIBLY a few NPCs...

If they made POTs in offline mode... what would you expect to see? They couldn't move vendors over because how do you account for a Offline player going shopping? The data for each town would have to regularly be downloaded and then what if this offline only player wants to start placing down property? How do you account for that?

I'm fine with the games being two separate things.

FrostII and Jaesun like this.
  11. Metalton

Metalton Avatar

Play offline when I'm really offline.. internet out ;) So don't see how that could work..

Think the issue is offline, and online share the same online map..

Which also means, no internet = no map.. which is vaguely annoying, but also makes things interesting ;)

12. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I have seen a few POTs in offline mode.

They should keep at least a few in case you have a POT deed and want to use it offline, like the one received from the Oracle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.