Offline Saved Games Won't List to Load

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Godra, Jan 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godra

Godra Avatar

So, I rebuilt my PC over the past 30 days or so. I moved most of my files to a new drive, had to reinstall Windows 10 from scratch, but backed up everything I could. I kept my SOTA Saved Games files on a flash drive and backed them up on my external drive. I have them saved in the right spot on the C: drive, but when I launch the game and enter Offline Mode, it wants me to create a new character. Won't allow me to get to the saved games list. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this issue?

2. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

I too had a similar issue. I had an old saved game file (that I downloaded several of my original purchases, stretch goal and backer items). I was unable to load/use that saved game...it just forced me to make a new character and start all over. And sadly, all of those purchased items I had in my original save game are gone...cannot re-claim them at all. I think it's because the save game is too old for SOTA to understand it now.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Did you try loading after creating a character and getting in-game?

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Are you sure you can't reclaim? So long as it's a new game and you have your login you shouldn't have a problem. I'm playing two separate offline games and have claimed all my items on both without issue.

Sean Silverfoot and Godra like this.
  5. Godra

Godra Avatar

@Bowen Bloodgood I created a new Character and then was able to load games. Good now, thanks for the advice.

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yea, I was going to say that when you rebuilt your comp, you probably had a fresh install of the game. Even though you copied over the saved game files, the game thought you were a first time player due to the fresh install and only gave you the option to create a new character.

After you create a character (even if you don't do anything other than enter Isle of Storms and then exit to menu) you will then have the option to load a saved game.

Elwyn and Godra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.