Oh Look! Someone's Doing a Justice System!

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Fireangel, May 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarad

Zarad Avatar

I am disappointed I cannot kill an NPC or player and get hally whacked by a guard.. tsk tsk! This game feels a bit tame so far I guess the good ol' gamer days are gone as casual society wreaks havoc on the gaming world, I realize company's need to make money and having a system in place where people can rob and murder other players is not too popular (no idea why, having reds chase me was an adrenaline rush, sure I broke a mouse or 2 on the wall but man that was such a rush). I should be able to rob and murder NPC's I understand certain NPC's should be off limits as per quests and trade etc but this would add freedom to the game, all MMO's since UO just seem like a tour bus with dev's at the wheel and no exits off the bus.

2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I hope and expect that the content will be more challenging soon. In the meantime, you can try your luck with the ghosts. :)

Lord Blake Blackstone likes this.
  3. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Some have theorized that the Hidden Vale will be the starter area at launch, so most of the tougher content will be on the mainland. If you look at the plan for Q1, there are a lot of new monsters/creatures planned.

Tahru likes this.
  4. Skidd Vortex

Skidd Vortex Avatar

The justice system in ArcheAge is stupid. It's basically a popularity contest. If you are well known, you are way more likely to get excused for your crimes, and if not.....well, max sentence. When I first started ArcheAge I was sort of tickled by the thought that there were trials and jail time for thieves and murderers, but after serving on 216 trials, I can tell you it's a farce.

Most players get max sentence regardless of the reason for their crimes. (The defense of guildmates in same-faction kills is broken in the game.) Some players are consistently bad, but because they are so well known, or so well equipped, that folks who pull jury duty are reluctant to be the ones to send them to jail as they are likely to be the defendant's next victims. Jurors are not anonymous and sit facing the defendant with our names and guilds showing. Many of these "criminals" will punish you, if they get the opportunity, for giving them jail time. Anyway, it was a nice thought, but ArcheAge didn't get the justice system right.

Oh, and I almost forgot, you can spend real money for cash shop items that will clear your record. AA has become so P2W, it's not even funny.

Lord Baldrith and majoria70 like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL it felt like the justice system in archeage was more of a joke to people, well from what I saw. I was on a jury once and we sentenced someone to 2 hours in jail, then he would be out doing his bad deeds again never fear. I'm hoping our virtue system
    will be special with depth once it is all implemented.:)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  6. TantX

TantX Avatar

...but those trials were so damn funny. Worth the farce.

majoria70 and Tahru like this.
  7. Interitus

Interitus Avatar

I had the opposite experience to what many seemed to experience. On my server the most well known were also pirates, so given the harshest sentence. PKing almost always got a sentence unless there was some sort of excuse for it. Now as it was pointed out, regardless of how long the sentence was, they could dig their way out of jail. But even that still carried a debuff. My biggest complaint with the system was that escaped convicts couldn't be attacked. But at least a game tried to make a justice system that included players.

majoria70 and Tahru like this.
  8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Interitus. Yes I don't really want to knock the Archeage justice system at all, it was funny and different. We just already have our own system even tho it is not all in place or in game. Our virtue system should be very interesting.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.