Ok, bare with me I am new and I only have one question.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Milkdrop, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Just selfish :p
    We want the game success and we want new players ;)

Womby, nimueCW, Ahuaeynjgkxs and 2 others like this.
  2. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Our apologies Milkdrop on your first experience with the game! This was an unfortunate downtime with our servers, which is actually a very rare occurrence. It was also NOT an April Fool's joke and not planned. Sorry about that :(. Servers are back up now, so you can experience the full world at hand :). Have fun!

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Welcome Milkdrop! It was really a bit of bad luck that you joined just as the server was down. I think I've experienced a non-scheduled short downtime only once since I started playing, and I've been playing for a long time (since Release 12).

I highly recommend reading the Player's Guide (click on the big question mark on the top right). I still have to do that even today because in every release some things change. The changes from the previous release are always highlighted in green. In any case, 99% of the questions that new players have are answered in the Player's Guide. We do have a very helpful community, so don't be shy about asking anything about the game.

4. Milkdrop

Milkdrop Avatar

No no, i'm fine with how it is, was just very surprised (positively). :)

If anyone wants to poke me ingame -> Teletha Testarossa

I'm happily grinding away with my skills aiming to become some sort of healer. :3

Time Lord and Womby like this.
  5. Milkdrop

Milkdrop Avatar

Haha that was quite awesome timing, I'm very glad I joined the Discord channel and could witness Atos live reporting on his efforts and going to the Datacenter and so on.
    I have never been witness to such a service, effort and live updating of a MMO Staff before, big thumbs up and someone buy that guy a pizza. :)
    So in hindsight it sure sucked I lost 3/4th of a day to get stuff done ingame, but on the other hand i'm amazed with the work you guys do, so no negative feelings left if there even had been any. :)

6. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

Welcome friend!

Time Lord, Milkdrop and Womby like this.
  7. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

No, we do not feed Atos pizza to get quality work out of him. Massive quantities of whiskey is the magic to get works of wonder and amazement out of Atos ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Not sure what I think about this... :p

BTW, probably going to have a brief downtime later today while I switch out some hardware on the server. We basically only have one single point of failure so of course it is the thing failing. :/ Going to replace it before I end up having to do it on the weekend.

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

@Chris
    Sometimes I can make off color remarks which may be very mistaken or misunderstood. You are very top shelf in my bookcase of those I look up to. I truly value the work you do for all of us and only meant to complement with humor, which I'd never make a very good living with on any stage :( I've had PTSD all my life and the only way I have ever gotten better is when my friends have pointed it out to me when they encounter it's effects. I tend to change back into that same Sargent I was in the infantry... and he was a jerk.

I love your work sincerely and highly value you personally.
    :rolleyes:~Time Lord~

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    Womby and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.