Ok Im Gonna Ask A Probably Obvious Question...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Khalest, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Ive looked in the forums & on WIKI & the SotA home site & i cant find the answer so here ya go - Does the Backpack that is purchasable in the game just give you extra room to carry more items or does it do what i hope & not only help you hold more...but actually do it without adding any extra weight to the user except the original weight of the Backpack?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It doesn't do either of those things.

3. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

I'm pretty sure backpacks purchased in the add-on store/from crown merchants in-game and crafted weigh as much as the items in them, and the backpack itself. Furthermore, the only difference between the add-on store/crown merchant backpacks and crafted backpacks are that the add-on store/crown merchant ones look fancier.

4. Metalton

Metalton Avatar

Nope, no benefit other then to organize your inventory, keeping you main inventory window less cluttered. Same for crafted pack.

Only difference is the alternate look.

-Met

(Should add "currently".. who knows, maybe somewhere down the road we'll be able to enchant them with special properties ;) )

Khalest and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  5. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Well, and the crown merchant/store backpacks you buy all likely have max durability that never goes down. Yeah. I have to agree. They definitely do not work the way you're hoping, Khalest.

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

I bought that backpack you are talking about!

It does not give you the ability to carry more stuff (weight) unfortunately. It can hold 100 items if I remember correctly, and when you “wear” it, it takes up the cloak-equipped spot for your avatar.

To carry more stuffs you have to become stronger. There is a “heavy lifter” passive skill under the Tactics tree i’m trying to level up now. And @Steevodeevo said the Earth magic path helps with strength too!

7. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

The main benefit to backpacks is that they help you keep your inventory more organized and less cluttered. You can use them for keys, repair kits, reagents, food, etc.

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

As Lazlo says - its just a container for organization purposes. You can wear it on your back if you want, but it doesn't do anything to increase your capacity.
    They can also be placed in a house and used as storage containers.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Amusingly, I also wondered this too when I was new, so I just bought a basic one and then learned what it does heh

10. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Do you know what it does? lol, because you forgot to tell me if you do :p

11. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Actually anyone can craft & sell them, not just the Crown guys. I see them all over but never was sure exactly what it did & with gold so hard to make/come by in game i didnt wanna spend the $ they want for them till i knew.

12. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Really? Wow glad i asked first, id be pissed off for wasting $, thx Doc i appreciate it (Doc is a play on your name from Doctor Who, Tom Baker was my fav one btw xD)....

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, it has a very specific look.

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

We desperately need more backpack options. If Chris really wants us to not use cloaks, and use backpacks, give us more options. Like where the heck is our Obsidian backpack!! :D Perfect for my obsidian plate armor.

Vaiden Luro likes this.
  15. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Ok i thought of another backpack question. Can the backpack be put into our bank with items in the backpack? If so that can be a way of storing more things in our bank accounts...

16. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

The way containers inside containers work is that every item in a container counts against the item max for itself and for every container it is inside.

As an example: I have a backpack labeled "Keep On You" in my main backpack that holds all the stuff I don't want to accidentally remove from my inventory {scrolls, food, etc}. Inside that backpack I have a small bag labeled "Reagents" for casting reagents. When I add reagents to my reagent bag I can see the item count and weigh go up on "Reagent" small bag and on "Keep On You" backpack.

17. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can put items in the backpack and then put it in your bank box but each item counts toward the bank limit.

18. Khalest

Khalest Avatar

Ok thanks...well i tried...:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.