Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

OK, this is super annoying

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

When I double click a merchant, they have to come get right in my face. Then, on top of that, the town guards will come crawl right up my ass. Do these NPCs really need this behavior?

2. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

I have a fix for the merchants... they aren't supposed to move at all for conversation. Most vendors, bankers, etc... are setup properly already.

I'll check out the guards.

Barugon likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Thanks for that. The guards seem compelled to come up to me to give me a truth/love/courage salute.

4. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Guards, at least in Brittany and Ferig's Camp, like to come up and tell me the same bark over and over again. Why they need to stand on my toes to talk to me is questionable.

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

So if a vendor wanders away while I am trying to buy something and goes out of range causing the window to close, should I report that as a bug? I have had this happen when it was obviously not from the NPC's day/night schedule. Some NPCs are just more fidgety than others.

6. Scrambler

I can look into a particular instance if it happens and isn't part of the day/night change. There maybe another valid reason for the npc to leave, I'll need to see it happen and find why. We had a lot of this happen in past releases, and I've taken quite a few steps already to ensure it's only for valid reasons - (there maybe other issues if you still see it).... so, yes, please report if you can find something. If it's repeatable that'll make it easier.

Barugon likes this.
  7. Scrambler

Can you give me an exact location? They are supposed to go to conversation distance.

8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I don't remember one right now, I was asking if I should report when I see it happen. I vaguely recall that the caretaker COTO vendor in Brittany Graveyard might have done this to me during QA44, but not certain.

9. Scrambler

Yes, if a guard comes too close, (awkwardly close), to talk, I'd like to take a look at it. Easiest way for me to do so is to have a bug report w/ a location. I want there to be enough space between you and the npc to feel comfortable for conversion.

As for vendors/merchants, they should not move to talk, but come to you. I mentioned I fixed a bunch of vendors/merchants for this release (45). So if you see any walking up to you to talk, definitely write up a bug... but please test on r45 later next week (or newly released QA build available now I believe).

10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The next time I have a chance to log in, I'll get a /bug location. I have family in from out of town, so I havn't been able to play all week! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.