Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ok, what did you do to Archery

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Lord Lew, Oct 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

I'm tryin to pull a stag to me and it keeps missing and says cant hit target or something like that. Yet I was able to hit and a wolf that was twice as far away. Now the Stag ran behind a bush, but its a bush!

I've had the same issue while hunting in a group, usually when a mob is rooted. it gives me this out or range notice or something and I'm literally standing on top of the creature.

I was just told this is a nerf of archery.. this is INSANITY!!

2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

It's in a weird place right now to be sure - you basically can't hit anything if you're standing on a rock, or a ledge, or a cliff, or on top of a wall anywhere... basically any area that looks like a perfect place for a sniper/range skill shooter doesn't work either.

uhop and MrBlight like this.
  4. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

thanks for the link @Spoon
    @Duke Avery yes the deer is in a bad spot, I'm going to bug report it.. but I get the same message when I'm fighting with a group and someone roots a mob.. I can walk directly on top of the MOB and still get the cant hit message

Here is the deer with the exact message I get from MOBS in a group[​IMG]

Duke Avery likes this.
  5. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Maybe you should get a little closer Lew! ;)

6. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

@Spoon that thread you linked is about Crit chance. This is the out of reach issue that is partly this issue and an issue when fighting in groups recently

@Toadster , I was a distance away when I attacked and it ran from me. I walked up and totally around the bush in Auto attack mode to get he pic. after I killed the wolf that was 2x the distance away from the deer

7. Val Ravar

Val Ravar Avatar

I believe its caused by safety mechanic that does not allow us to harm mob that cant lineofsight OR path to us, leading to funny things like mob dodging everything when they stand on ring of fire and get stunned from behind corner by chain lightning. As the lightning stuns and the mob has not have line of sight with you and cant move/path to you because of the stun, it figures you are exploiting something and auto dodges.

Also hapens when firing from platform to ground when targets are melee and cant reach you. All angles of same exploit prevention mechanic that is somewhat broken / has been cranked up to 11.

So its not just archery, but all ranged things. (and sometimes melee too!)

8. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

That link covers the majority of issues wrong with archery right now to summarize.

LOS is broken.. If your shooting a bear, and he runs behind a tree, and you happen to shoot and get a * dodge* on bear, you will continue to miss the bear for the next 10 shots.
    If you have a Tamed pet attacking the mob, and your standing behind your tamed pet, you will get a *dodge* untill you rotate to a better angle.
    If your in a party, and your behind a member, same effect as pet. You need to always be looking openly straight at it.
    If there is a bump or a small hill, snow mound, wall, bush anything, it generally acts as you cant see the mob. You will get a *dodge*.
    They nerfed archery to make you miss more on higher end mobs. Which is fine, as they did it to everyone.
    They broke critical chance, so the % to crit is no longer accurate, especially to ranged. It seems to neglect your crit chance bonuse from bow, and armor, yet to get a response from anyone about this, and hot damn have i tried.

mm.. theres more but i think thats the jist of it. The targetting thing they have made it clear its still whonky, so i wouldnt sweat that one to much.

-Gm Crit Archer and all that fun stuff

LoneStranger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.