Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Okaaaaay Rel. #26 and Months to go til No More "Under Construction" LIVE

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by TheMaddHungarian, Nov 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMaddHungarian

TheMaddHungarian Avatar

? the heck is up with the Kb's/downloading SPEED when Patches are needed to be done. I'm using the Sota executable file to do the downloads and compared to the Steam executable file Mb's it's in the tens to hundred's of downloadable SPEED. Month's away from (Alpha/Beta) Completion with "No More Under Construction" and to go LIVE and this is what the "New" Player Base can EXPECT??? Shame Shame Shame on You Port., Inc. You obviously has Won the Shame Award Hands Down. Good Luck !!! on trying to keep the New Player Base if this keeps up.

2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I restarted the launcher 10 times before I got a good download speed.

Leelu likes this.
  3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Yep, I only got to 560KB after about 10 restarts. Normal was 34KB/sec. 20 years ago I would have killed for 34 KB/sec. Maybe Richard is going native and using his phone modem to run this operation like back in the Ultima days.

4. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

I did not seem to have any issue with the download speed. On my first try through steam I got 12MB/s average with peaks over 20MB/s

5. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I use to download the files via utorrent which is freeware. I get always maximum dl speed. Just start the sota-launcher and quit. Then open your torrent-downloader and find the "StandaloneXXX_XXX.torrent in the download folder in your SotA directory and get it. After dl start your sota-launcher again and it will skip download and start applying patch. Be aware to dl the specific file to the correct folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.