Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Okay Time For Some Compliments!

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Sire Lancelot, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

So I am guilty like many of moaning more than complimenting but I want to give credit where it's due...

1. Man the map has come a long way. I remember two years ago thinking "damn this map is a bad idea" but I was wrong. Very clever idea and it's looking and feeling awesome - it reminds me of old school Ultima Online on steroids and I'm sure this is not a coincidence. How awesome would it be in the future to have random events on this mini map - have a game within the game to keep the old flame alive.
    2. Lighting on the PC looks really sweet. I know the team has been tweaking this forever but it has come a long way and it's looking and feeling great! I especially appreciate the saturation option for a more personal stylistic feel - an option I haven't seen in too many games.
    3. The water is looking wicked so props on that. Would be nice to dive under but no doubt thats on the cards for the future.

So please add to the compliments whiles you're here! ;)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

As long as the moaning provides useful information that they can be used for improvement, "one should moan as often as possible." --quoted Budner.

FrostII, Acred, Budner and 1 other person like this.
  3. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

I'm glad they fixed interuption, my main attack takes 2 seconds to cast and it was interupted more often than it cast before. It put too much emphasis on instant cast spells before.

I'm glad they made people choose their defensive buffs instead of stacking them all. It makes people make choices and helped stop stacking exploits where people got so strong they were soloing group content and receiving ungodly experience.

They have been making some mobs more difficult too, which I think the game needed.

I'm also happy they increased the bonus for grouping. Social interaction is one of the reasons many people play multi player games and I'm glad they're promoting that.

I could go on and on. So I'll stop here. Lol

Acred, Roycestein Kaelstrom and moko like this.
  4. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Water gathering and POT Governors being able to move Spawn Point = Happy Dance

[​IMG]

Love the new Roving Encounters, as being able to see them gives one the option to avoid or engage, rather than being pulled-in unexpectedly as before.

Spider Soup, Crocodile Skewers, etc. - yay.

Love the new seeds/plants for Agriculture...planting beds look so good now filled with various crops tempted to leave some unharvested for decor. Farming is much more fun now.

Thank you to all the Portalarium Staff working so hard behind the scenes.

5. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Many kudos on increasing the varieties in agriculture!

Acred and Lady Adnor like this.
  6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I used to do a little write up after each release saying what i liked, but for some reason or other i stopped many moon ago, and it must be a little difficult for the devs to gauge response to changes, likely done by how FEW people moan not by how many say well done they like. So i think it important that we say if we like something and not just happily enjoy.

I think the new Agriculture changes are great. . I think the visuals, from the watering to all the plants they are fabulous, and things like Potatoes grow best outside, less yield in greenhouses is a great addition, not mentioned but left for us to find out...don't think it a bug, and if it is it shouldn't be is a great design, I'm sure there's more there as well. The clicking on Agriculture is fine for me, i actually enjoy watering the plants, its just a double click and a return key press and i can do quick and it easy. I however have to buy water as my crafted well to big and the fountain i bought to get water doesn't work, however i have read there is a gazillion amount of mouse clicking to get water and this should be addressed.

The new cooking recipes are also great, but none giving intelligence boosts which i find a little odd, just one thing i would maybe like to see and that is for all crafting if we could have the station we are using maybe take note of the container we have open, not just out backpack to get ingredients from. Cooking especially we have to drag so many different items over from my cooking ingredients chest to my backpack, and would be so much easier if i had open the game could use the ingredients from that chest, be useful for all crafting.

The roving encounters are a good idea, as actually some of them have resources i want, and i actively look for them now to try and get a beneficial one.

There is lots good in the game from previous releases and like I've said before that I'm quite sure they wont be happy with the final incarnations of systems/designs for various areas of the game being subpar. I'm quite confident they will tweak and adjust till they have everything working as best they can, and I'm sure the finished product will be something they are proud of and in the end i think it will be well received by us and new players alike.

Acred and moko like this.
  7. uhop

uhop Avatar

While I like how water looks, and the swimming animation --- kudos on both, I would love to see a wave in front of avatar, and a wake of some sort after.

Lord Barugon and Acred like this.
  8. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

I haven't played as much as everyone else, but the changes from the start, and then from last release to this one have really impressed me. I look forward to staying with SotA for quite some time because of the teams dedication and I'm glad I backed their vision.

Celthon and Acred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.