OMFG! (heritage items)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Sep 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Maybe they don't want SotA to be a good game. Maybe reducing their player base as a whole is a goal in itself for whatever reason we don't know... or could suspect ? I can only guess but even with my hopeless view about this game for those last eighteen months, this last move makes me only wondering without clue, I have to admit. Portalarium just became a scientific case to investigate right now. And I'm not even kidding or sarcastic. I. Just. Don't. Understand. At. All.

I mean, forbidding RMT would have been a good move, if it was done 5 years ago. Now, obviously, it's just useless and it will only alienate a big part of the community which stayed, which relies heavily on RMT, either to sell if things get too bad or to buy cheap items that would not have been bought otherwise.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    Numa, Forum Name, oplek and 2 others like this.
  2. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

You mean pressure, not muster. It's a shame anymore has to beg devs to fix something in the game. Yet we get new crown store items. Woohoo

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

No, they are putting LUA in the game so we can fix the UI.

So I was going to see about getting some help with the UI I already designed.

Sulaene Moon likes this.
  4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I suspect the "Big news we are excited to announce" is a wipe and being bought by some company. It would make sense to cannibalize the troublesome people with stuff now, so that post wipe it is just new people for the 99 cent store.

AlmostGivenUp and Sulaene Moon like this.
  5. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Could make sense. But in this case, sincerely, good luck to all. With the current state of the game, I don't think that the wipe would fix the main issue with the population quantity problem that plagues this title.

Also I'm curious to know who would be brave enough to buy such a licence in this context... and the reputation it got in the industry and the largest public.

AlmostGivenUp and Sulaene Moon like this.
  6. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Sadly, that's probably one of their most viable options at this point, from the limited bad options they have caused themselves to have to choose from.

AlmostGivenUp likes this.
  7. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

Actually, it wouldn't be that hard to turn this game around, they just don't seem to have that desire or capability. It's like they have had blinders on so long they don't even know that other things exist outside of their very narrow focus of punishing players for playing their game.

If the whole true story was known, this game would go down in history as the #1 biggest missed opportunity of all times for the next 30 years.

Crowell, Hornpipe and AlmostGivenUp like this.
  8. Forum Name

Forum Name Avatar

As I said elsewhere, it would be a miracle if someone bought or invested now.

The game launched and has paid dev salaries for many years, which is all well and good, but there is no evidence that SotA has been anything other than a money pit from a financial perspective. Not that we’ll every know for sure since the seed investors have been forgotten.

Seed investors dropped like a hot rock, all publishing partners have ditched Port (and weren’t exactly high profile publishers to begin with)... if somebody else invests or buys the license with that history I can’t imagine who it would be, but would bet it would be sketchy.

Crowell and Hornpipe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.