Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

OMG I accidentally salvaged my +3 mace of sorcery!!!

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by SabeSr, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Just kidding... I'm very careful when I move things into the work table, but I do use shift to select groups of items and I've almost salvaged enchanted items before.

It would be great if we could click on an item to get its info screen up (not just have it show when we hover cursor over it) then be able to check a box to NOT ALLOW SALVAGE

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It would be great if we couldn't accidentally sell it to NPCs either.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It would also be great if the DELETE item button wasn't directly next to the EQUIP item button.

[​IMG]

I can't wait to delete something I really care about. Salvaging the item on accident is essentially the same thing.

I've been saying for a long time that we should have a way to lock down pledge and add-on store items so they can't be deleted or traded. But that goes for anything that I find valuable. I would hate to accidentally hot key something one day because I was tired or not paying enough attention. This is a big deal to me that I've brought up at least 20 times in the last 3 years of development.

4. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

@Baron Drocis Fondorlatos At least w/Destroy item it asks a second time before you actually destroy the item. "Are you sure you want to destroy...yadda yadda"

Salvaging on accident just happens. Put it on the table and destroy it...essentially. No second gump to make sure.

Leelu and Sara Dreygon like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Good point.

My problem is with the UI though. I already know that I don't want to destroy certain items EVER, so even if they gave me 10 extra times to say no it wouldn't matter if the item still gets destroyed because I'm not paying attention. I have the same problem with other applications that put options that are completely opposed to one another in the same spot. Would you like to save this or delete this? One mouse slip up and you've done the exact opposite of what you intended.

And to apply that back to our game, there are so many times when I have an inventory full of crap like rusty swords that I'll never use, I'll always want to sell off or delete because of weight issues. But they're mixed in with all the stuff I never want to sell. So if I highlight 34 of 35 things correctly and it asks me "do you really want to delete these items?" It's up to me to figure out if 1 out of the 35 things I highlighted is a special item that I didn't mean to select.

Seems like we could easily have a bag in our inventory that whatever you put in there would never be deleted and could never be sold.

Leelu, kbruder and Oba Evesor like this.
  6. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

I will definitely second the idea of these UI's needing work!

Many games have check boxes to mark 'junk' to keep them out of your main INV. Or vice-versa, check the box to never sell/destroy.

I'm fine w/either solution. These seem like relatively easy fixes, but so much other stuff going on right now w/stability. We just wanna make sure things like this dont get lost in the shuffle.

7. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

i salvaged my @Jack Knyfe gloves :( only made that mistake once.

8. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Ouch!

kbruder and Leelu like this.
  9. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

That sucks... I worry each time even when I know i have nothing in list that I care about I still get nervous... there is no "undo" button and I wonder if the dev's even give a chit... they probably don't care what happens to us they can always redo their things

kbruder likes this.
  10. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

makes you wonder if these programmers have ever played an mmo before doesn't it...

11. Drocis the Devious

Not at all.

It's just another thing in a long line of things that require their attention. They're doing the best they can. They're the best team I've ever seen. It's a shame they don't have more people and resources.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  12. redfish

redfish Avatar

Though you should be able to keep it in a bag to separate things in your inventory...

Oba Evesor likes this.
  13. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

I'm sure they're developing this game just to torture you.

14. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Things we delete should be able to be redeemed for 48 real-world hours from a /undelete command.

Things we sell to an NPC should be available to buy back for about the same, just visit the same NPC and on their sell list we should see the items we sold them.

15. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

+1 Perhaps I have something set wrong, but when I hover over a piece of loot to select it the gump comes up that compares the equipment to what I have equipped. It annoys me not to be able to see what the heck I am selecting, especially when shift selecting. Is there some way to toggle the comparison gump off? Even better would be a way to default where these gumps display.

Kara Brae likes this.
  16. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I think the way the item stats appear (covering the inventory window) must have recently changed. I say this because I very often destroy heavy loot in my inventory to make room and unencumber myself, and only in R30 have I had problems selecting the inventory items I want to destroy. As you say, the stats window comparing the loot to what you are equipped with covers the inventory and makes it extremely difficult to select other items or see the "Equip / Delete" drop-down that appears when you right-click.

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.