On Hour Into Game Notes

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Andress, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andress

Andress Avatar

Avatars and NPC's: Are the models placeholders? I'm seeing quite a mix of models from Fuse, purchased to I assume artist developed.

Mix of Genre: Sci-Fi style avatars and fantasy style, is this intentional?

Prices: I was looking through the marketplace and honestly was shocked at the prices, most are very high, are the packs player created? I assume they were USD prices and not a coin-based system (which would be a better idea, I'm sure the developers are aware of the reasons.)

Scenes:
    The scenes are interesting and well constructed so far, keeping in mind this is my opinion only.

Available Help: I do have a bit of complaint in regards to help. The in world player aides are fantastic, it's a wonderful service. However, having to pop out of the game to search through forums, guides, and other sources to find answers is fairly frustrating and breaks immersion in the story and game flow. I do really like that an in-game guide prop was placed and there is a help tutorial panel. Perhaps there is a better way to provide the needed information.

Thank you!

Kabalyero and Bayard like this.
  2. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Welcome Andress and thank you for the feedback.

I don't know the specific answer to this question but I can tell you that more variety is introduced in almost every release, specifically NPC costuming.

Yes, there is a race in the game called Kobolds who create and use 'advanced' technology.

If by marketplace you mean player owned shops and vendors, then yes prices vary greatly from shop to shop and town to town. Prices will vary between NPC vendors as well. For example Annika in Soltown pays about 20% more for weapons than a regular NPC vendor.

I like the scenes as well and that is also my opinion. :)

Learning without breaking immersion is a challenge. The Outlander Welcome Center was created specifically to help address this. The OWC has notes posted around town with helpful tips. There are also services that newer players find beneficial. There is still much to be done though! Feel free to visit and make recommendations. Your feedback as a newer player is valuable. It's on the map near Soltown or you can get there from Soltown by going to the last wagon on the right as you head out of town.

Feel free to add me to your friends list (click F).

In Service,
    Johnkirk Bayard

Kabalyero likes this.
  3. Andress

Andress Avatar

Thank you so much Johnkirk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.