Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

On screen message when all waves of enemies have been defeated

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Echondas, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

A nice addition to the "You sense a great threat approaching...." -- would be "You sense the great threat has passed." - or similar.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Jaesun, Elwyn and Paladin Michael like this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I've noticed that the atavists seem to have inconsistent waves. Usually it's 3 knights + Louie, but sometimes Louie doesn't show up, or he shows up twice with one knight. But they usually spawn all over the scene. It would be good to know that I don't have to scrub the whole scene looking for a straggler.

And the initial warning message has also been good to know that I haven't yet triggered the next wave. I've found that I don't need to bother with the atavists by the campfire, but there's one particular dog I need to kill before the big guys appear.

Jaesun and Echondas like this.
  3. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I've also noticed that it's either random or fairly inconsistent on what triggers the Advanced Wave. In the Skeleton Encounters, it's not bad because it's the Cultists in the one spot (ruins/shrine). In Bandit, Corpion, and Atavist encounters, it's much more random. The Bandits used to follow the camp trigger like the Skeleton one, but in one of my latest pass throughs I have had the message come up long before I reach where the camp is located. Corpion and Atavist seem completely random and Wolves tended to be once you cleared every aggroing creature (wolves and bears).

I'm not sure if it's a measure of a certain number or a certain type (or a certain number of a certain type) triggers the event.

If the above is a bit difficult to read, here's an easier chart for triggering the Advanced Wave as I have witnessed:

Skeletons: Liches are spawned when the Cultists around the ruins/shrine are killed. (Three Liches, random level and type)
    Wolves: Elder Timber Wolves and/or Obsidian Bear spawn when all wolves and bears are killed. (May spawn just wolves, may spawn just bear, or both)
    Bandits: Used to be the bandits around the camp. Now seemingly more random. (Spawns slightly harder bandits and MUCH harder Trained Wolves, but more spread out than the Liches)
    Corpion: Seems random. (Huge Corpions and a chance of Darkstarr Corpion)
    Atavists: Seems Random (Knight Purifiers and chance for Luminous, usually 3 or 4)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.