Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Once again, Archery is broken in PvP!!!

Discussion in 'Release 28 Dev+' started by Cupid, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cupid

Cupid Avatar

When you use archery in a PvP situation where there is more than one target available, the bow randomly switches targets non-stop. Making it completely useless in battle. This seemed to be fixed last week, but is now broken again. For the love of god, fix this please.

GraveDncer and Whyterose Flowers like this.
  2. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Yes please, fix this soon.

GraveDncer and Ice Queen like this.
  3. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

:(This bug has practically stop me playing for the last month, please fix.

4. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

@GraveDncer @Entreri2 @Whyterose Flowers
    While experiencing that did you use auto attack or with free attack? I know there's an issue where free attack changes your target if you're "aiming" at a different target (the target you're aiming is displayed with a white glow; if you're aiming the same target you have targeted you only have an enemy glowing in red).

5. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Even if I do not have a target highlighted this happens, I have to tab target quickly to prevent additional misguided shots.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  6. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

So... you were using auto attack? i've been lurking around this everytime it was reported and i think this is what's causing the issue
    If you do not have a target highlighted your abilities automatically affect that "target" that's in front of you, and for me it appears highlighted in white. I was just wondering it may be possible that with auto attack activated your focus changes if you're looking at another enemy at the time the auto attack is released (that's the issue that seems unintended, Ranged attack targeting should target only enemies if you don't have any target selected, or at least that's what was written in the R26 notes).

7. SydronKnight

SydronKnight Avatar

Archery IS a broken class, when a noob does 140 + damage and someone playing that is 50 adventuring levels higher doesn't even come close to that, then that's a sign of "BROKEN". Testing, same level with normal non magical/enchanted equipment attacking a dummy shows that an archer does 4 to 5 times the damage as a Sword fighter. One easy way to fix this is to reduce moving backwards by 1/4. currently you can run backwards just as fast as you can run forward, not an easy task in the swamps, forest, ruins, uneven pot holed paved roads, or just about any other form of Terran.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.