Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

One way to get me to turn the PVP flag on...

Discussion in 'Release 23 Feedback' started by Retro, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro

Retro Avatar

I posted this in the "Levels are killing this game thread" but it will probably just get buried there, what do you guys think of this solution to the "no one wants to PVP each release" issue?

Just brainstorming ideas that would make me turn the PVP flag on; besides less grinding, longer releases, less wipes etc...

Simple solution to the PVP flag issue...
    When flagged on allow players to set a "+" or "-" character level range for engagement.

crude examples...

PVP Flag on.
    Engagement tolerance: = < My current level (Allows anyone else with PVP flag set to "On" with an equal character level or lower to attack you)

or

PVP Flag on.
    Engagement tolerance: < My current level (Allows anyone with a lower character level to attack the player)

or

PVP Flag on.
    Engagement tolerance: <=> +10 My current level (Allows players up to 10 character levels higher or any amount lower to attack the player)

or

PVP Flag on.
    Engagement tolerance: -5, +5 Allows a player +/- 5 character levels to attack the player... (If this option existed, this is probably how I would set my tolerance)

ETC...
    Attempted PVP engagements that do not meet the character level range, would be send a standard PVP request.

I think more people will PVP if they at least thing the fights are going to be fair"ish".

Even if I'm getting ganked by 3-4 players that are around the same character level as me, I feel like that's ok...but if I'm level 25 and most of the PVP guys are 50+ my flag is staying off....

Let players choose their desired level of victimization ;) (Except in dedicated PVP areas, Guild feuds, of course)

and yes I know this is Very exploitable, but it can be mitigated.

OP:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...re-killing-this-game.40449/page-8#post-455770

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

It is a good idea I believe.

Just like every 'progression' game when there are levels, it is those who have more time that will always dominate and make the leisurely players leave that aspect.

I for one do not see anything remotely virtuous about PVP, so I will try and test it pre alpha if someone asks and I have time, but no chance once live.

If it was a challenge to submission/yield as a display of might, then I would accept, but killing for no good reason... not for me.

I am not a fan of all the wolves we have to kill either... But the spiders deserve it!

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  3. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

I like the idea of a +/- 5 range for PVP and beyond that having it send duel message, but that isn't as fun for some of the PVP players out there. I do agree that the grind to be able to be competitive in PVP is the primary reason I don't PVP. My grinding time sadly is going towards finding those blasted spider carapaces so I can create some mage armor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.