Only 420 steam reviews?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by James T. Cook, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James T. Cook

James T. Cook Avatar

When I checked today the game dropped down to Mostly Positive on Steam, but we only have 420 pre-release reviews so far.

We have a lot more backers than this. The new steam players are coming in and evaluating this game based upon experience with other "COMPLETE" games, without knowing the history of this game's development.

With only 420 steam reviews I know that not nearly all of our backers have bothered to write a review. So if you have a buddy that is a backer but doesn't participate in the forums remind the person to also review it on steam as well as test it.

2. selbie

selbie Avatar

It's 420 on Steam and everything's alright :D

[​IMG]

I personally don't believe in reviewing MMOs until they're in a reasonably finished state. Most of the negative reviews are a direct result of unfinished gameplay.

Logain, Manerd and Xandra7 like this.
  3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Smoke reviews every day.

4. Attrib

Attrib Avatar

Hahaha, you're joking right. You really think that people look to complete games? Why doesn't the SotA community just accept the fact that people don't like the game?
    Pre-Alpha/Alpha Early Access games are even more popular than ever. It seems to be a trend for most (indie) gamedevelopers to release their game as EA.
    I can name lots of Early Access games that are far more interesting than SotA: Life is Feudal, Reign of Kings, Rust, The Forest, H1Z1, etc...

It's just funny to read that the community here still use the Pre-Alpha excuse to defend their precious game. Just let Steam users decide for themselves whether SotA is awesome or not.
    If people like SotA then you really don't have to worry about Steam reviews in the first place...

Kuno Brauer and Dewderonomy like this.
  5. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

Nobody better write a single additional review!

6. TantX

TantX Avatar

There's also a lot of players who do not want to go through the trouble of downloading the game on Steam to give it a bad review if they've already written their pledge off as a loss. That door swings both ways.

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  7. Karkona

Karkona Avatar

Game will be fine, a lot of my favorite games hover from 50-80% ratings. People don't appreciate the finer things in life.

8. Thorin Strongarm

Thorin Strongarm Avatar

Considering how much money the game has raised and continue to raise I guess enough people like it even if the number of reviews on Steam don't reflect it. As far as people who do or do not like the game, I like it, which is the only thing that matters to me.

Logain likes this.
  9. HairballHacker

HairballHacker Avatar

As I recall, H1Z1 only has "mixed" reviews and it is for the same reason, people judge it on being unfinished and the things that are broken.

Look at the money raised for SotA. It's a lot. Money pledged (action) speaks louder than words.

Logain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.