Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Only mmo when I stand there and do nothing waiting for a skill.

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Mac2, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

New cooldown system on skills is a total failure if you use chaotic feedback.

2. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

It makes chaotic feedback worthless. Sometimes I completely fail to see if anything is ever going to make sense at all. There seems to be no overlying concept of combat at all. We are just the idiots that get a new system every month. ^^

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Explain what and how this makes the skill useless?
    ( General question, i dont use the skill and am not in game so im curious )

Roycestein Kaelstrom, Gix and FrostII like this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Like MrBlight said, I don't use it either so am totally not familiar with that skill and would like to hear "how" it is broken or useless....

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  5. Net

Net Avatar

and mind lock

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Chaotic Feedback increases the draw speed and lowers the cast time, so using that in combination with say chain lightning was allowing people to spam that spell super fast. Chaotic Feedback still works but you now need more glyphs in your deck for diversity.

Hornpipe, Mimner, Numa and 3 others like this.
  7. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Can anyone actually describe the problem?

Quenton and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The problem is that they're not able to unlimitedly spam their favorite spell.

9. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

sigh... this thread...

10. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Chaotic feedback was a very unique skill that was very powerful depending on how you built your deck. You had to work very hard and level up many skills before it would become effective. The negative side effects were intense as well, therefore this spell should have been powerful to counter the negative side effects.

Here is what I basically see now with this skill...

+1 Focus Damage Rate - nerfed because of wait time as you are getting hammered on by the enemy
    +0.5 Draw Speed Modifier - nerfed because where there used to be no wait time on unlocked skills, this skill basically got cancelled out when they added a long wait time
    -0.6 Cast Time Multiplier - what good is this when you are waiting on your cooldown?

Negative effects - +5 discard health cost - Losing hitpoints while I fight and wait for a cooldown
    After the first 10 seconds of this spell being cast I can no longer heal myself using the life tree, relying on death skills to heal me but I'm waiting on a cooldown so I can't heal
    as I'm still getting nuked by the enemy

Kaisa, Numa, Mac2 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ok, if things were working as intended, I could use chaotic feedback with no issues just having one of each of the fastest cooldown glyphs, and not have to wait for a glyph, and should have a different glyph coming up every time. Right now however, sometimes I can get a glyph a couple times in a row, then nothing, or sometimes I just get one glyph, and have to wait for 5 seconds for the next. So no, its not just being able to spam one spell over and over, and no diversity does not seems to help either. If I do not use chaotic feedback at all, I can have a deck with 5/5/4 of 3 different glyphs, sometimes getting the same glyph multiple times in a row, and never have to wait on a glyph. You see, I do this thing where I test these things.

12. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

They really should look at this again. I like the basic concept to keep people from constantly spamming the same spell but it really doesn't feel right. Doubling the cool down on each caste glyph of 5 if you dump your five quick you could have up to a minute or more wait for some spells to come back. With the new system someone with a locked glyph at 30 second cooldown can caste 2 in a minute. Someone u locked can caste 5 in that minute. If you dump five quick then you have a long wait with nothing to do. Unless you adjust your deck.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think that doubling the cooldown was a bit extreme. They need to shorten it up some.

Cairo Hayden and zyxe like this.
  14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

But its not even working they way they want either, if it was I should not be able to cast the same spell 2x or more in a row, but I can when not in chaotic feedback, and sometimes in chaotic feedback. As well, If I just have 14 different glyphs with the fastest cooldowns, I should not have wait times, but do with chaotic feedback. Sometimes I cast one glyph, and am waiting. it just broken, not working at all.

Cairo Hayden and King Robert like this.
  15. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

If they make chaotic feedback just a 10 sec buff without negative effects to unload your deck... maybe its usable again?

16. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

I wish things like big changes to combat were discussed before implemented, as this dedicated community of players could give the devs free, valuable insight into how we play the game. This would avoid unnecessary customer distress when poor decisions are poorly implemented. Happy customers spend more; happy players play more.

Kaisa, Vallo Frostbane and Mac2 like this.
  17. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Well the thing I noticed was early on was... as the level of your skills advanced and your adventurer level... the best way to keep from having no glyphs up ever was to add more cards to your deck if you are using mostly floaters.

At adventure level 1- 20 I could keep roughly 30 cards in my deck with no locks.
    At my current level, if I have less than 100 cards in my deck I need at least 3 locked to keep something always up. I am always adjusting decks as I level to accommodate.

You have to play with the decks to see what works, if you are standing there waiting for skills. However, I can cast some spells 4 or 5 times in a row if deck is adjusted correctly. Downside, when you can cast like that you tend to run out of focus.

Screenshots below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

uhop likes this.
  18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Do you use chaotic feedback?

19. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Not in these decks... but I have tested it since the latest patch when I was invited to PVP. It's changed... and is slower... but doesn't make so much of a difference I'm up in arms about it. Just adjust your deck.

PS. Devs... Hurry up with new decks so I can stop destroying them to PVP.

20. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Nope its still the same as it was before this release, at gm .5 card draw, .6 cast time modifier. As far as having decks like the ones you posted above, I see that as a waste of space, seeings how the card gets drawn off the deck, and put into a spot that is available. As long as you are using the cards, there is no need to have 4 spots all the same, if you use them fast enough, the last 3 spots will never be filled anyways. I have been designing decks for people from before persistence. I know how this works.

EDDYCORP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.