Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Only mmo when I stand there and do nothing waiting for a skill.

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Mac2, Feb 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

That's fine and all... but I don't have the issues you are having.

2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I understand where your going with that deck but it leaves you with just a random smash of keys with whatever comes up in the 1 out of a 100 draw. Lots of discarded glyphs and almost no stacking.

For me at least:
    Efficient decks used to consist of 6 unlocked 4 locked. With a total of 20 glyphs. There was never a wait for a glyph, and you always knew what was coming. Mindlock decks carried 21 with 7 unlocked and 3 locked. This changed with the new system and I had to raise it to 24 and add a few more mind locks. But I can still get a deck that has constant casting of useful spells. Just a little length on the wait when you dump all 5 high wait time glyphs in a row. A few hiccups are still left when cards are not drawing even on a fresh change into combat.

Chrystoph Reis likes this.
  3. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

I think this right is reserved for certain members of our community, not the majority vote, us...

4. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Likely run out of focus also because of the focus regeneration NERF, there's that word again...

Chrystoph Reis likes this.
  5. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Never known for any changes to be slight and retested, rather make it nearly impossible to use a skull until forced to find a new skill to GM only to also later be NERFED

6. ZhugeLiang

ZhugeLiang Avatar

When are people just going to admit that this combat system is not a good one?

We were told that they did not want a combat system where skills/spells are spammed and gave us something that doesnt have enough skills so we end up at times doing nothing in combat.

That is not a good replacement and in fact is worse. At least with spamming we were doing SOMETHING. Waiting is not fun in a game, ever. There needs to be more skills available.

Kaisa likes this.
  7. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

It's well known that tress, skills, decks, are only nerfed when too many people are using similar builds to earn XP and find loot. That said, everyone should just use water until launch - let water get nerfed into oblivion.

EDDYCORP likes this.
  8. Selene

Selene Avatar

If you mean dev+, a lot of big changes don't get mentioned there beforehand anymore, so we get just as blindsided on release day.

3devious and Cairo Hayden like this.
  9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I dunno what they changed *yesterday* but I was out doing my normal farming and my deck which has been perfect was doing this too. It was not doing it this weekend. I was standing in front of cultists for more then 10 seconds at times waiting for an attack card to pop up. I dont know what they changed but its real bad and they gotta roll it back. I could barely get a 2 stack of skills at a time. I have plenty of cards, my first 5 slots are all rotations of 4 spells with 5 gliffs each, you would think the things would be popping up like crazy.

discipleofweb likes this.
  10. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

11. Cairo Hayden

Cairo Hayden Avatar

Biggest problem now is waiting to be able to cast, however every second you lose 10 life attunement. By the time Chaotic feedback is about to wear off you have like -350 to -450 life attunement and thats only at like level 80 CF.

You have no way to stay healed this way and when you already have a cooldown on ALL skills that are unlocked it makes it difficult to balance damage and the only way to stay alive is using the death tree as you leech life back on many of those skills but when you have to wait a ridiculous amount of time you can't even keep up with the damage. Not to mention chain lightning is STILL bugged, or at least it was 2 days ago, not sure if it got fixed in latest patch.

12. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

What do they want us to do in this game? People complain because there are individuals out there with too many GMs. With the unlocked skill cooldowns, you need to use even more spells to just keep cards flowing if you're a mage. It's just about impossible to use a single school of magic with chaotic feedback. If you just want to nerf mages who use chaotic feedback, why not just change that one spell and not the entire system? Would it have been harder to remove or change the draw speed modifier? It seems to be a useless feature now anyway.

Also, I noticed melee skills do not have nearly the same cool down as magic spells. I can fill my deck up with 10 and 12 second cooldown spells and be waiting for cards to come up. When I use the same amount of 10-12 second melee skills with chaotic feedback there are no lulls at all. What's up with that?

Mac2 likes this.
  13. runicpaine

runicpaine Avatar

As far as healing goes.... There's always health/regen/resto potions.... or Torpor, or Illysium thing, or death magic, or w/e that moon heal is called. There's lots of ways to heal without using life magic.

14. null2

null2 Avatar

In addition to cooldown for unlocked glyphs, the cooldown time was INCREASED for every glyph I had data for. Actually it was doubled! Look at these screen captures of Obsidian Arrow before and after R39
    R38
    [​IMG]
    R39
    [​IMG]

It went from 13 seconds to 26 seconds. Let's calculate the cooldown for an obsidian arrow glyph in an unlocked deck now. 26*.4 = 10.4. So, unlocked cooldown for a single obsidian arrow is 2.6 seconds faster than it was for a locked glyph in R38.

Chaotic feedback only increases draw rate, which has nothing to do with cooldowns. You could 5 stack chaotic feedback, have Shield of the Wicked King and +10000% attack speed, and still draw no glyphs. I think this begs the question: are we missing out on a cooldown reduction mechanic?

There are no mechanics available in the game that reduce the cooldown time, maybe it is time to add some:
    * Cooldown reduction masterwork on wands/staves
    * Cooldown reduction innate in focus tree
    * Cooldown reduction artifact that increases focus cost as a negative

15. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

The cool down increase was another unannounced change that I am not a fan of.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The cooldown is still 13 seconds for a locked Obsidian Arrow glyph.

17. null2

null2 Avatar

Wow so it is. I was hovering over the glyph in the skill tree, assuming it would represent the locked version.

I am guessing the cooldown for the unlocked glyph is accurate to that glyph then?

If this is the case, then you cast 2 locked glyphs per unlocked, but the idea is that you have 5 of them, so it is 2.5x faster. I was interpreting the "2.5x faster" that Atos referenced to be per glyph, not across 5 glyphs.

Barugon likes this.
  18. null2

null2 Avatar

I figured out what's going on - it is a bug.

Basically, if you draw a glyph and it doesn't have a place to go - it goes on cooldown. This is exacerbated by chaotic feedback, because you draw glyphs more quickly and if you get stunned or have one with a longer global cooldown, you will be drawing glyphs that you will never use. They just go on cooldown.

Let's make some noise about this bug to ensure it is fixed ASAP. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...lyphs-that-arent-even-entering-my-hand.82737/

Vallo Frostbane and Mac2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.