open PVP areas on the main quest line?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Ffred, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

What puzzles me why PvP play RPG and then get all huffy that there are people <gasp!> who roleplay and not min maxx there chars.
    I mean, PvP that is what counterstrike and so one was made for.

RPG and PvP does not mix (need for minmax), but people insist an rpg game has to be made for PvP and balanced for pvp and what not.

It puzzles me what the attraction is, and where from the idea comes that an type of game systhem that in it roots was made for PvE and party groupings (D&D) needs to be tailored now for PvP and that the provider treats PvP players bad for not acknowledging that they are the only people who know how it is played yadda.

Did i laugh my ass of regarding miners who went into unlawfull zones and got ganked? Betcha, because EVE was made solely with PvP in mind, and big scale at that, and the lawfull zones solely for allowing commerce and the grotwh of new players, not the whole point of the game, and it is not called SPACE RPG EVE Online. (Admittetly there is an attempt at RPG involved with backstory and what not, but come on, few people there know what the short "rpg" stands for.

Alone that Sota has an pvp community is kinda hare brained because the whole systhem does not work very well that way (and yes i got tired of demands that archers need to be nerfed because pvp game balance...yay, i get nerfed because an form of gameplay i not indulge in, have a lots of thanks)

Miorror world is out of question, no pvp wants to be seperated from its food. (low level newbies)

Witcheypoo likes this.
  2. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

Who is getting huffy here? Because honestly it seems like an RPer getting huffy over PvP he doesn't even have to consent to.

You believe for one second there aren't PvErs maxing to sell gold for money? PvErs all max too. It has always been that way. Trying to get that one dropped piece of epic gear for that extra +20 armour that will give their main tank 10456 armour instead of his measley 10426 armour for tanking that raid boss.

You don't even NEED to go into a PvP zone. Yet you are ranting about how bad open world PvP is.

Why have stats at all, why not just have random number generators literally based on nothing except numbers plucked out of thin air?

3. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Because we are talking here something that came out of D&D, you know? that thing you played with d20 and so on?with like...numbers...
    And I am not talking about PvE players, I talk about Rpg.

If an tank switches one piece of armor for the other is his or her private thing, it does not impact me as much as people who demand ranged needs the nerf bat because hard to gank.

For one.

Second offcourse does pvp impact me, even only indirect so I do not visit the zones set aside for pvp players (made by the developers my money paid to btw.) with game mechanics tweaked to blance for pvp (impacts me even withme not playing pvp.

So I do not need to set foot once into pvp zones and they do have impact on me already, personal and regarding the game world.

I don't know, maybe they could have made subterfuge more interesting with lock pick skills instead spending time making extra things for pvp?

An tank specializing to tank is not really min maxing, he takes disadvantages that would not make him good for pvp, I do archery to high skill levels and sacrifice armor and evasion for that, not good for pvp, but together with that tank and a few others it works good against dragons, but with pvp you end with rather similar builds, either tank mage due to shields, or spellsword.

(Still considering it an rumor that an primary archer is such an big headache, we do a lot of DoT but not first strikes, and bow skills are awefull costly exp wise)

Oh and then these cute videos of people running around stealthed backstabbing whoever for no reason, yeah, I get it, it is "challenging gameplay", or about flexing newbies who where dumb and wandered into pvp zones, gushing about "how salty they where".

It is my money too that pays that stupid stuff so yeah, I am "impacted"

Witcheypoo likes this.
  4. Nog

Nog Avatar

As a curiosity and because I really hate the idea of managing a truck load of inventory by splitting stacks into a bazillion parts or remembering to bank/unbank items I don't want to lose to PvP death/theft, I scoured youtube videos looking for good information on how to reach my next destination (in a PvP zone) via bypassing the PvP zone going through the underground. The information was often out of date, incomplete, and there isn't always a good selection of videos at this point in the game.

The underground map is daunting and very large - good for exploration and the quality of content, but excessive if you want to get to your destination today. After quite a bit of exploring and dispatching a large volume of moderate-yellow enemies going through scene changes, I ended up getting stuck in close quarters with a red name who 4 shotted me. So the "but there is a perfectly good way to reach your oracle quest destination without having to cross PvP territory" argument comes across as fairly dubious.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.