OPEN PvP vs SELECTIVE PvP ** YOUR VOTE MATTERS ** [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Hexus, Dec 26, 2014.

?

OPEN PvP vs SELECTIVE PvP ** YOUR VOTE MATTERS **

1. OPEN PvP

39.4%
  2. SELECTIVE PvP

60.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I would say that the fact that less than 1% of the population of SotA voting would make any end result statistically pointless. Maybe you should lobby your politicians so you can have a 'don't care' on your ballot paper.

2. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

:eek: ...no you stay away from me!

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Don't make me separate you two! :) Wait.. that's not right...

Logain, Tahru, lollie and 1 other person like this.
  4. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Aww not the corner again Dad...

Roper Docholiday and E n v y like this.
  5. tcjennings

tcjennings Avatar

Ugh. Why the hyperbolic "YOUR VOTE MATTERS" title when it clearly doesn't? PVP is for all intents and purposes, already the way it's going to be. There's absolutely no need for another thread, vote, poll, or discussion about it in the general forum.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Well the devs DO listen.. but there are some lines they're just not going to cross. They might bend those lines a bit but cross? No.

Still, there's a stubborn crowd out there.. and there are new people always coming in. It's the nature of forums. We'll be hearing about the wonders of full loot and non-consenual PvP and the glory days of UO well into EP5. It's not worth getting annoyed over. I think I've just learned to appreciate that much more that there are people who just love their PvP and they like it the way they like it.

I have my own things I've pushed and as soon as EP2 development rolls around I'll be over those things again. :) Let people have their debates and poles. At this point I just crack a little smile and move on unless something sparks my interest.. then I put in my 2 cents.. then move on. :)

Logain likes this.
  7. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Is there somewhere official stating they're not going to be changing the rules EVER and making it open PVP everywhere? They really need to do this, like I said I have a lot of uncertainty because of all the PVP threads demanding this on both forums (pretty much all that's going on in the Steam forums for instance), and this puts me off upgrading my pledge any further just in case the rules do get changed, and I'm probably not the only one who is put off because of all those PVP threads everywhere.

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Here

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost.8247/

Sir Cabirus, blaquerogue and lollie like this.
  9. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Current thinking to PvP mechanics.....not current thinking as to 'consensual pvp'.....that won't be changing.

blaquerogue likes this.
  11. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Ok but still haven't seen them state unequivocally that this game will never change the rules and make the game open PVP (given there's some precedent for changing the rules midgame, as with UO). I'm being picky on the words, because it's money they're asking for, and decent amounts too. Other games I could walk away from minus around $60, but this would be a little more of an investment to walk away from.

12. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

13. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Cheers, found the words, wish they bolded them capsed them and 70 pointed them for people like me and the OP too :)

Sir Cabirus and E n v y like this.
  14. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Sadly, I think @danscho's promise of saying your vote matters is a bit presumptuous. There have been multiple polls on this exact topic in the past. The ones in the General Discussion forum end up slanting against open-PvP. The ones posted in the PvP sub-forums where only the active PvP players vote tend to slate in favor or open-PvP. We already know that. I don't think @Danscho meant harm, but promising that this poll matters and will change something may be presumptuous.

We've seen the devs make some changes given our feedback. They really want to make us happy. But I'm not sure we'll see that contentious of a change this late in the game.

There were months and months of PvP debate that led to the system we have, which I believe is a good compromise. There will be maps where it is open PvP all the time on those maps, and incentive for people to go to those maps even if they're not normally into PvP because of the mats you can gather there. The shardfall details haven't been released publicly, but I suspect you'll need those particular gems to enchant magical items, which fits the description of the best crafting mats in the game.

I know they've spitballed the idea of trying to make full loot players happy with maps that enable that, or a slider or something.

15. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I voted no, because i don't want it - And the entire poll is irrelevant. As already pointed out, Non-concensual PvP won't happen - And it shouldnt.

So NO, My vote, or anyone elses here , doesnt matter the slightest, because the base is set.

16. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

The vote actually doesn't matter, example...

I had a poll on breakable crates & barrells...

116 Votes Yea, 1 Troll Vote Nay, and guess what the response was from the team... to slap "[UNOFFICIAL] on the title
    as to diminish the value of the votes, as to sweep it away, under the rug, as if 116 opinions means nothing.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...reakable-crates-barrels-poll-unofficial.9333/

Which means... the vote doesn't matter....

I'd vote Open Full PvP Full Loot (Out of Guard Zone), because that's what makes a game fun in my opinion and the opinion of every single backer of "Life is Feudal", so
    I'm not alone, but the genius masterminds who think they are geniuses and think they are masterminds think otherwise, we'll see. I already know Life is Feudal won't
    ever be too big, because it has archaic looking graphics, but there is buzz about it, and that buzz is exclusively coming from the Full Loot PvP fans, such buzz doesn't
    exist with SOTA because it'll never have full loot, it'll never have full pvp, but I pledged knowing that. The one thing that does bother me though is tiny things, tiny
    suggestions, seemingly insignificant, not game changing but game enhancing, such as every container being searchable, usable, I don't think RG knows, the reason
    Ultima VII was so great is because every room seemed like a new searching, questing adventure, because every room had containers you could search, pretty much,
    and SOTA is going the route of the generic MMO, containers aren't containers, they're just decorations, when you diminish an item from a usable item to a decoration
    you diminish the entire game.

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  17. tcjennings

tcjennings Avatar

That's true, but @danscho has been around for a year and should know better. I've seen no evidence that Open/Selective PVP is even up for debate. It's a closed topic. I know this, and I don't even come around here that often. Half of this thread is convincing a potential new player that they've got nothing to worry about PVP-wise. I'd rather see PVP talk confined to the PVP forum. It's an insignificant feature that doesn't deserve the kind of attention it gets outside its ghetto.

18. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Here I am.. as technically a PvEr... saying there's nothing insignificant about PvP. Not being your cup o' tea doesn't change that. Though I do think it receives a little too much focus from players such that the discussion runs around in circles every few weeks.

I also don't think it's fair to say poles don't matter just because someone labels it "unofficial". They do that so that people understand that the devs didn't post the pole. What makes any pole irrelevant is when it's skewed.. expecting the impossible and/or the 100th pole about the same stuff.

Sir Cabirus and Tahru like this.
  19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

If you think that is true then the term "equally disappointed" comes to mind.

20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

The problem with polls is that with such a small number that they really are not conclusive of anything.

Sir Cabirus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.