Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Option to End Duel

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Net, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

Without killing one another. Just like we can start duel by right clicking the other person and initiating it after they agree, it would be great if we could end it (without killing each other) the same way (perhaps with confirmation from the other party as well).

I am often not at the spawn point and to fight till 50% health is better. Or I realize that I am too good or too bad and have no need to finish the duel. Besides killing is bad, right? It is just about proving who is stronger (and therefore right).

Jynx, Spoon, KuBaTRiZeS and 9 others like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Yes, agreed. I had a few duels where the person ran off into another scene and the game still told me I was in a duel with them for several minutes. This made it so I couldn't duel other people, and I had to watch my back not knowing if dueling person was going to jump out of the bushes at me.

There also needs to be a message sent back to you when someone has declined your duel. Currently you don't really know if someone accepts the duel or not until they either become highlighted in red, or you try to duel them again and that option is not there (because they haven't selected an option yet).

It would probably also be good if there were a "cool down" the moment that someone accepts the duel...this will give all players an equal chance for the duel to begin. I currently feel compelled to just start attacking the moment the person accepts the duel for fear that they will start attacking me and get in a few good hits before I even know we've begun. I'd like to see a count down to the start of the duel added at the beginning.

KuBaTRiZeS, Sophi, Arianna and 3 others like this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

Duels could be made so if either party leaves a zone, it ends the duel. That would mitigate the annoyance factor of being stuck in one if the other person bails.

The cool down (ramp up?) timer for a duel to actually begin sounds good. It could help mitigate some guy who is already in combat mode, has all his cards dealt and even has level 5 combos ready when he initiates the duel against you. If you're not paying attention and accept without also "preparing" for the duel, you will have a big disadvantage at the start. Alternately, when the duel starts, both decks are wiped clean / timers reset.

KuBaTRiZeS, Sophi, Net and 3 others like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

They need a surrender emote. Like with someone holding both of their hands up in the air.

Of course a begging emote wouldn't hurt either ;>

Duke NRaas, KuBaTRiZeS, Sophi and 4 others like this.
  5. Net

Net Avatar

This is a must for a dueling system imho. Timer for the start of duel would be great as well.

smack, Arianna and Sophi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.