Oracle Answers and Class

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by tc91101, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

Does it matter what is selected at the Oracle?
    I think I selected a mage and my stats are Str 10 Dex 10 Int 20. If I made different choices would I end up with more strength for example? Would it have been a better choice to be melee swords with heavy armor or does leveling balance a character?

Paladin Michael likes this.
  2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

You are likely to get all kinds of opinions as to which class you should start as, but the only choice that is relevant is what you want to play as. There aren't classes in the traditional mom or rpg definitions, the game is classless. That means that you can learn all the skills in the game but your combat deck limits which ones you can use.

There are three original paths: love, truth, and courage. The way you answer the questions sets you on a path. That path determines your starting weapon and location. It's been ages since I created a new character, but based on your comment I suspect that your starting stats would vary based on the path as well. FYI, love is magic/int, truth is bow/dex, and courage is blades/str (or that's what I expect the bonus stat to be).

Some say Swords/plate is easier to start with, but since you can learn any skill you want, over time it doesn't matter.

3. Womby

Womby Avatar

Getting to level 20 in any skill is so easy that it really makes no difference how you start. Beyond that, advancing your skill level becomes exponentially more difficult as your level gets higher, while how powerful you are in a skill is determined by the square root of your level in that skill. According to the devs the sweet spot is level 80. Beyond that, many consider the small increase in capability not worth the huge additional expenditure of XP.

So, to answer your original question, no it doesn't matter what is selected at the Oracle.

Addison likes this.
  4. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

hi tc91101

in this game choosing the path that you start on does not determine your class in the game as the game has no class system. though you have been set on the path of the mage just visit a trainer in the starting zone and train in any of the abilities in the game. your charter becomes what you train in. this gives you an unlimited choice of possibilities.

welcome to the world of Novia
    if you need help please contact me and I will help you in the game I have created videos that can be found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/skeggymedia and I stream on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/skeggy_media and happy adventuring in this World full of Adventure.

Womby likes this.
  5. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

Thanks. I started learning fire magic/blades/light armor. I think I'm going switch to heavy armor/blades/healing magic. Also, one of the quests I received was to build a light armor set. I guess I wouldn't get much use out of that. Maybe there is a similar heavy armor quest across the world somewhere.

6. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Not sure which town you started in, but it is good to do all of those crafting or adventure quests. It helps you get easy experience that you can later put towards whatever skill(s) you want.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have or need and look up on Youtube the many great videos for help.

7. Vodalian

Vodalian Avatar

Yes, there are quests for heavy armor. I won't put a spoiler here, but it's easy to search the forum or you can ask if you want to know.

You are not tied to the path you chose at the beginning of the game. (You will eventually do the others anyway, just the order can be different.) You can choose yourself when to travel to different parts of the world and do different quests.

And like others mentioned, the different starting skills that the Oracle gave you is just to get you started. It's so small that it soon won't matter if you want to build in a different direction.

8. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Unfortunately, it matters:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...nts-are-different-it-feels-like-a-bug.103312/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.