Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Oracle doesn't respond to keyword 'test' or 'advise'. I waited but the conversation timed out.

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Kelly O'Shay, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

1/12/2018 7:19 PM
    Title: Oracle doesn't respond to keyword 'test' or 'advise'. I waited but the conversation timed out.
    Reproduction Rate: This happened 4 times in a row.
    Blocker? This is currently blocking me from getting my 500 gold today.
    Details: I went to the oracle last night at 7:10 pm est and got 500 gold. I went back at 8:15 pm est and the oracle answered the keyword test by saying it has been too soon for you to take the test. This was a surprise, because normally in est I noticed that it resets at 8 pm. I expected it to reset at 8 so I could get the 500 gold again.
    Then today I go at 7:10 pm est to the oracle. I cant tell if it is too soon today because the oracle just plain doesnt answer the keyword 'test'. Just to see if the oracle was responding at all, I asked it to advise. That didnt work either. Both times, the oracle just sat there not answering me and then after a couple of minutes it times out the conversation and went back to the normal chat box.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Visit oracle
    2. Say 'test'
    3. See oracle does not respond
    4. Wait over two minutes
    5. Conversation times out.
    6. Oracle interaction is removed and normal chat box is restored to screen.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12212
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 GPU RAM: 2018
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.716.Date.12.19.17
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Virtue Oasis
    Area Display Name: Virtue Oasis
    Loc: (58.7, 38.2, 216.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWaXJ0dWUgT2FzaXN8KDU4LjcyMiwgMzguMTg1LCAyMTYuNDE1KXwoMCwgLTAuMDM5LCAwLCAwLjk5OSl8MzU1LjU3NTd8MTB8MS4yNQ==

2. Kelly O'Shay

Kelly O'Shay Avatar

I logged out and back in to sota client and the oracle was working correctly.

But, it is still a bug that after playing a while the game stops working correctly. Even though there are other bugs for the memory leak condition, I think you should address each of these bugs on a case by case basis. Especially if you really plan on going live in a couple of months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.